AustinReporting (me) 2024 NHL Draft February Rankings (Top 100 + HMs)

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018
Good work! You seem to like the two finns more than others. Any particular reason?

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Good work! You seem to like the two finns more than others. Any particular reason?
Assuming you mean Helenius and Hemming, what makes me like Helenius is how mature his game is, I like his ability to create chances in a pro league and his maturity throughout the year.

For Hemming, I like his mobility, and like Helenius he's pro-ready and calm on the ice, but still has some untapped potential. I like players who look pro-ready but still have room to grow and build on. I think he has the IQ and offense to be a solid 2nd line winger with the right development.

Reactions: Hntz

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018
Assuming you mean Helenius and Hemming, what makes me like Helenius is how mature his game is, I like his ability to create chances in a pro league and his maturity throughout the year.

For Hemming, I like his mobility, and like Helenius he's pro-ready and calm on the ice, but still has some untapped potential. I like players who look pro-ready but still have room to grow and build on. I think he has the IQ and offense to be a solid 2nd line winger with the right development.
Yes I meant them. Thank you for the insight!

Reactions: austin63867

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jecho was lower than I expected but fair. You had a slew of Czechs and two in round 1. In this case badinka ahead of galvas. No one seems to agree on them.lol.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I feel like I'd gladly, blindly throw a mid 1st for Tij in hopes that he's got a fraction of the talent his Dad did.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What is it you like about Noel Fransén? Most notable scouting services don't even have him listed and he was brutal at the Kloten tournament lately. This was also the first time he played internationally. Since he's also a late 05 birthday his league play must have impressed you quite a bit?

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
What is it you like about Noel Fransén? Most notable scouting services don't even have him listed and he was brutal at the Kloten tournament lately. This was also the first time he played internationally. Since he's also a late 05 birthday his league play must have impressed you quite a bit?
Admittedly I only saw one game of the tournament (vs FIN) but in the J20 he's looked far more confident and composed than the criticisms he got internationally. He's creative and fast and decent in all three zones, but being a late birthday lowered my view on his upside. I think the two biggest questions are his wild play (I heard he had some turnover problems which doesn't surprise me) and his physical play. He's a solid defender but needs to add some strength to that.

I feel his offense and composure from the games I watched in Sweden gave him some favor in my eyes, but I do wish I watched more of that tournament.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Admittedly I only saw one game of the tournament (vs FIN) but in the J20 he's looked far more confident and composed than the criticisms he got internationally. He's creative and fast and decent in all three zones, but being a late birthday lowered my view on his upside. I think the two biggest questions are his wild play (I heard he had some turnover problems which doesn't surprise me) and his physical play. He's a solid defender but needs to add some strength to that.

I feel his offense and composure from the games I watched in Sweden gave him some favor in my eyes, but I do wish I watched more of that tournament.
Aight. Thanks. Very controversial player it seems.

If you find the time, the entire Kloten tournament and lots of other international junior hockey is available on Red+. I don't know how long it will be up for but it's free and they have both highlights and full versions of the games. Here Sweden vs Czechia for example:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad