Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Karma will eventually catch up to him if he keeps on doing dirty things on ice because he feels protected by the referees

At first It didn't even cross my mind that this could be intentional, but after seeing the replay... I can't imagine a world where a player as aware as McD doesn't know what's going on there.

If he didn't see Hughes & was just getting his stick in position for the pass I can understand, but that's not the case on either front.

Wouldn't mind a receipt at some point

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Why would you reply to my post about those three incidents if you weren't going to talk about them?

Nono. We literally only complain about this one ref. And he did it again. I've said as much in the main board GDT about his piss poor officiating when Washington played Philly in the last game of the season - he missed a pretty obvious call there as well. It's just him.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
At first It didn't even cross my mind that this could be intentional, but after seeing the replay... I can't imagine a world where a player as aware as McD doesn't know what's going on there.

If he didn't see Hughes & was just getting his stick in position for the pass I can understand, but that's not the case on either front.

This is such a delusional take. He's clearly trying to lift his stick over/around Hughes. If he doesn't he collides into Hughes with his stick. He didn't have enough time to avoid him. Give your head a shake if you think a player would do that on purpose and risk taking a penalty. You guys are really going down a rabbit hole tonight and it's embarrassing.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Canucks had a better record with him
reffing their games this year than the Oilers did. Canucks were 2-1 and the Oilers were 2-4 in games he reffed.

Calling him a terrible ref has nothing to do with whether a team wins a game or not. The problem is that he's bad, and influencing the game in a way that he shouldn't. And it's literally just him. Frankly I'm more shocked that the Canucks only had him 3/82 games this season - with 35 full time referees and 2 per game, that number seems a bit low, and suggests the referee assignments may actually be influenced by something. Looking at the other ones, most of the refs have done 5-7 games for any one team.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
This is such a delusional take. He's clearly trying to lift his stick over/around Hughes. If he doesn't he collides into Hughes with his stick. He didn't have enough time to avoid him. Give your head a shake if you think a player would do that on purpose and risk taking a penalty. You guys are really going down a rabbit hole tonight and it's embarrassing.

McDavid is the greatest hockey player to ever play, or at the very least the most talented. You & I have both seen his vision / detail / brilliance on display many times, you more than me.

And your telling me this same guy is clueless as to where his stick is on a simple stick lift? Despite looking right at his target ahead of time? And then not even reacting to the play on the puck afterward? Idk man. Your selling him short.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

McDavid could have spun his way around and kept skating forward zero issues at all.

If you looked at the extended replay, where Hughes was being asked off the ice by none other than Sutherland, you can see McDavid's guilty face, he knew exactly what he did and got away with.

Playoffsareoverrated

Jan 23, 2021
Espoo, Finalnd
In my opinion, it's absolutely sickening that McDavid has to score 4 points in order for the Oilers to win. It's always the same case with this Oilers team. They could really use more help if they want to win the Cup in the future.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I didn't think it at first but upon replay I have to say...

McDavid clearly sees Hughes there (he's greatest player ever his vision isn't a problem), what is he doing lifting his stick that high in that tight of space?? Nvm not even reacting to the pass.

Wonder what he was attempting there...

He’s obviously attempting to slice open Hughes’ face and since he has a 6th sense like ability on the ice he was able to time it perfectly so none of the officials on the ice saw it and gave him a double minor.

Why risk taking a double minor late in the second of a 2-2 game when you’re done 1-0 in the series all to just give Hughes a little nick on the cheek?

What risk? asks McDavid

Last edited:
Reactions: McFlyingV

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
I thought Torterella wanted the refs to put away the whistles? Why all the crying?

In my opinion, it's absolutely sickening that McDavid has to score 4 points in order for the Oilers to win. It's always the same case with this Oilers team. They could really use more help if they want to win the Cup in the future.
They could use a guy like Matthews to score for them in the Playoffs... wait...

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

Yep. It was on purpose. Just like when a guy clips or chicken wings another player, they don't look when the contact is made. They keep looking ahead. McDavid keeps looking ahead.

Whatever. Edmonton was going to get the split. Its the law of averages. Now we know what an Edm win looks like against us. And we can counter it

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Other than the missed high sticking call by McDavid on Hughes, the biggest issue last night was consistency. If Suter gets called for interference on McDavid, then McDavid who runs into the back of Zadorov when the puck is nowhere near should have been called too. If the refs want to put the whistles away, then it should be fair to both teams. Both teams got away with calls, but it was clear that the Oilers got away with more.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
It wasn't even during play, pretty sure Zadorov was mocking the Oilers diving.
For a team that “called out diving” I really respect how your approach appears to be diving.

But hang your hate on the Hughes paper cut. It will help you sleep at night.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
Other than the missed high sticking call by McDavid on Hughes, the biggest issue last night was consistency. If Suter gets called for interference on McDavid, then McDavid who runs into the back of Zadorov when the puck is nowhere near should have been called too. If the refs want to put the whistles away, then it should be fair to both teams. Both teams got away with calls, but it was clear that the Oilers got away with more.
It was very clear the Nucks got away with more. The panel even talked multiple times about missed calls on Nucks. Nice try.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
McDavid is the greatest hockey player to ever play, or at the very least the most talented. You & I have both seen his vision / detail / brilliance on display many times, you more than me.

And your telling me this same guy is clueless as to where his stick is on a simple stick lift? Despite looking right at his target ahead of time? And then not even reacting to the play on the puck afterward? Idk man. Your selling him short.
You think McDavid is intentionally trying to hit Hughes in the face there with his stick when the score is tied?

I guess nobody knows for sure except McDavid but that is a delusional take.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
You think McDavid is intentionally trying to hit Hughes in the face there with his stick when the score is tied?

I guess nobody knows for sure except McDavid but that is a delusional take.
Yeah why didn't Hughes try and fight mcdavid then? At the end of the day canucks fans are pissed because mcdavid can cut Hughes up and bully him and he isn't able to do shit. McDavid is 6'2" and built like a bull. Hughes would end up bleeding even more.

Literally nothing Hughes could do. Lol he didn't even try to lay a clean hit on mcdavid all game afterwards.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If you’re teaching forwards good technique in deflecting pucks, you’d show them the video of Ian Cole.

Perfect angle, stick on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad