Aulie faces Player Safety hearing Thursday ***Update, Aulie Suspended 2 Games***

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Time to take hitting out of the game I guess. Suicide pass, head down, tall defender, no intent and never left his feet. The original penalty should be more than enough but I'm sure Burke and Hartley probably put in a call. If Aulie gets any more that 1 game ( and even that is excessive) it will be a travesty.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Oilers are not allowed to blow up other players anymore. Must be a crackdown after the Torres party in the playoffs.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Should be interesting.

Will set the precedent for future 5 minute Keith Aulie majors.

(Check the penalty in the boxscore. ;))

too-much-man.jpg

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Its not *safe* to throw a solid open ice hit in the NHL circa 2014 because some clown like Stajan will lay on the ice like he's dead until the infraction is called and some clownshow org that plays dirty hockey most of the time will send it in for review and speed dial the NHL complaining about it.

Yeah this stinks on so many levels. The oilers, team pacifist, the least physical team in the league, get suspensions anytime theres a physical play. Other teams like the Flyers can do this every game of the season.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Time to take hitting out of the game I guess. Suicide pass, head down, tall defender, no intent and never left his feet. The original penalty should be more than enough but I'm sure Burke and Hartley probably put in a call. If Aulie gets any more that 1 game ( and even that is excessive) it will be a travesty.

Fully agreed with this post.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The League is in a tough place here. Trying to cut down on head shots in this game is no easy task.

Aulies hit was more bad luck than anything. It was a head shot but it wasn't Aulies fault. Stajan is a smaller player and he was crouched down at impact. It also looked like Stajan was going to have possession of that suicide pass as well so although it appeared to be a late hit it really wasnt based on how the play was unfolding.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Stajan ended up with a concussion from the hit and he should be blaming the teamate that passed him the puck. Brutal pass.

I have no issue with what Aulie did on that play and I hope he continues to play that way. This team needs that kind of presence.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
2 game suspension :laugh:

I wonder how many players have been fined / suspended for hitting Stajan? This guy puts himself in the worst positions game after game after game.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I was thinking minimum 2 games until I saw the sports net breakdown.
Looked like a legal check, they showed the moment of contact, shoulder to upper chest/shoulder, and how low Stajan was and even showed Aulie also bent down.

If he gets suspended I will be unsurprised but unhappy.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Shouldnt of been a suspension

Times are so different in the BOA these days.

I saw your Flames type username commenting in the thread and immediately thought troll when I clicked thread. Woulda been the case everytime 5 or more years back.

Now its so much more civil. :laugh:

sorry, just observing.

peace on. :D

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
No wonder the Oilers aren't physical on most nights. Whenever they do hit they get suspended for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad