Confirmed with Link: August 2012: Scott Hartnell Signs Extension (6 years, $4.75m cap hit, limited NMC)

Subject Orange

Apr 7, 2010
outside Philly
From the Flyers' official site:

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers
NEWS UPDATE: #Flyers have re-signed (LW) Scott Hartnell @Hartsy19 to a multi-year contract extension

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have re-signed 6-2, 210-lb left wing Scott Hartnell to a multi-year contract extension, according to General Manager Paul Holmgren.

“We are pleased to announce that we have agreed with Scott on a multi-year extension,†said Holmgren. “Scott has been a very good player for us over the last five seasons and we look forward to many more good years to come.â€

“I am very happy to be staying in Philly to continue my career playing in front of the best fans in the NHL," said Hartnell. "I would like to thank Mr. Snider and the entire Flyers organization.â€

From Scott Hartnell:

Scott Hartnell ‏@Hartsy19
So happy to be in Philly to play in front of the best fans in the NHL. I would like to thank Mr. Snider and the entire Flyers organization.

From Anthony SanFilippo:

Anthony SanFilippo ‏@AnthonySan37
BREAKING: #Flyers have signed Scott Hartnell (@Hartsy19) to a 6-year contract extension (through 2018-19 season).

From Tim Panaccio (CSN Philly):

NHL owners want long-term contracts not to exceed five years in the next CBA, which is currently being negotiated – without success.

Funny, but the Flyers keep churning out six-year deals.

Last week, it was Wayne Simmonds signing a six-year extension. On Monday afternoon, left wing Scott Hartnell, who had a career season in 2011-12, re-upped for six years, $28.5 million, according to a source.

This contract kicks in 2013 and takes Hartnell through 2018-19 when he turns 37. He is in the last year of a six-year, $25.2 million deal that he signed he when came over from Nashville in 2007.

Hartnell’s cap hit will rise slightly from $4.2 million to $4.75 million in 2013-14. He obviously took less money now for a long-term guarantee. Under the present CBA, all contracts are guaranteed.

From Dave Issac (Courier Post):

Monday, the Flyers made sure Hartnell would stay on the top line, too, signing him to a six-year extension worth $28.5 million. It kicks in during 2013-14 and pays annual salaries of $6 million, $5 million, $5 million, $5 million, $4.5 million and $3 million.

From Renaud Lavoie (RDS, Canada):

No move clause for Flyers Scott Hartnell

Flyers signs Scott Hartnel 6 year / 28,5 million

Last edited by a moderator:

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
6 years is a long time. I hope the cap hit isn't too high to account for his eventual inevitable decline.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
New captain? Captain troll? Anyway this is awesome. Great for the Flyers and for Scott.

FlyingHigh13

Jun 9, 2010
Cleveland
my boy...happy to see him get an extension seeing as i have his jersey lol...one of those players who I hope plays out the rest of his career with us definately a heart and soul type of guy.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
At the rate owners have been shovelling out money I wouldn't be surprised.

I think we may have our next captain!

Id be shocked if anyone other than briere, kimmo or giroux is the next captain. I know hartnell is a leader but those other 3 are "the" leaders of this team.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario

I'm hearing the cap hit for Hartnell is $5.5 million per, so if my math is right, that would make it a $33 million deal. #Flyers

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
:amazed:

I am gonna guess No where near that. 5 mill with full NMC and Front loaded as much as they can.

People have been getting paid this year. He's a locker room presence, he's been a vital part of our best lines, and he just put up 37 goals. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 6.5.

I mean, I'd prefer 5, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Edit: 5.5? Awesome.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

I'm hearing the cap hit for Hartnell is $5.5 million per, so if my math is right, that would make it a $33 million deal. #Flyers

I am OK with that :handclap: Give him the "C" , Kimmo "A" and rotate the 3rd between Danny, G, and Talbot

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

That is a good deal for hartnell then. He got the years and the cap hit. Was hoping for less per year with a 6 year deal in all but i guess its all good.

Erza Scarlet

following the mantle
Jun 9, 2011
Requiem
Under 5.5 is good to me. Ironic, that in the end of all this they decided to trade Carter, Richards, JVR etc than Hartnell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad