Confirmed with Link: [Aug. 20, 2021] Travis Sanheim new contract 2 x $4.675 - MOD WARNING POST 1

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
If you put your two best offensive defensemen together on a pair, that means you are going to roll two other pairs that aren't as effective as if you could split those two and roll two dangerous pairs.
“Sanheim - Ellis would not be a good pairing for that reason, both offense first D-men who need the puck on their stick to maximize their effectiveness.”

not what you just said. Is it that two offensive minded defensemen can’t coexist? Or that we are going with an archaic model of offensive minded and defensive minded defenders paired together.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It’s the equivalent of thinking a football team can only win by playing a 4-4-2 formation with one big, tall striker and a little, fast one beside him.

Reactions: Appleyard

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's not even a question that Travo's handling has been the single most frustrating usage thing involving the team the past 5 years. Well, or the other one. Or the other one. Okay, maybe it's a question. Yay?

They don't even hesitate to throw York right on the PP (with Provorov), but heaven forbid. If something is broken, don't fix it: that's the Flyer way.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's not even a question that Travo's handling has been the single most frustrating usage thing involving the team the past 5 years. Well, or the other one. Or the other one. Okay, maybe it's a question. Yay?

They don't even hesitate to throw York right on the PP (with Provorov), but heaven forbid. If something is broken, don't fix it: that's the Flyer way.

Dont worry. Under Fletcher the team has only made a single error. They're moments away from achieving their vision of being the Islanders 4th Line. They can commemorate with a banner sporting a urinal.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Dont worry. Under Fletcher the team has only made a single error. They're moments away from achieving their vision of being the Islanders 4th Line. They can commemorate with a banner sporting a urinal.

I'm personally nervous with excitement to see what personnel changes the next Flyers coach makes this summer.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I have no idea what you think you're proving, besides my point.

The difference is you have to win every argument, I'm more interested in the back and forth and learning something, which is why I respect Appleyard and Jo Jo far more than you.

I just post thing b/c I think they're interesting, you post to "win."
So you're declared the "winner" of whatever. Happy?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The difference is you have to win every argument, I'm more interested in the back and forth and learning something, which is why I respect Appleyard and Jo Jo far more than you.

I just post thing b/c I think they're interesting, you post to "win."
So you're declared the "winner" of whatever. Happy?
But until now, you NEVER just say you are wrong about anything. And today you did it in the most condescending way possible.

It's ok to be wrong, and admit it. It's also ok to actually agree with the masses once and awhile. You 100% should be just as pissed at Fletch as the rest of us but yet you defend him and but all the blame on the dinos above. They ALL deserve blame and all should be fired.

The Deadhead who talks world events, Covid, etc... does this. The one who talks hockey doesn't. It's just so odd to see.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But until now, you NEVER just say you are wrong about anything. And today you did it in the most condescending way possible.

It's ok to be wrong, and admit it. It's also ok to actually agree with the masses once and awhile. You 100% should be just as pissed at Fletch as the rest of us but yet you defend him and but all the blame on the dinos above. They ALL deserve blame and all should be fired.

The Deadhead who talks world events, Covid, etc... does this. The one who talks hockey doesn't. It's just so odd to see.

I see in Fletcher a well meaning guy who has a vision, but has little control.
Note where he has made changes, all the areas that the fossils don't care about, scouting, analytics and player development - which were pretty much ignored and underfunded up to now. The Phantoms, where Gordon ruled under Hextall, are doing a better job of coaching up players.

But when it comes to "grand strategy," the fossils have Scott's ear.
It's easy to say "walk away," but this could be Fletcher's last real job, you don't screw your family by walking away from the money that can take care of them the rest of your life just to make a point.

Blaming Fletcher ignores the real problem, Hextall tried to walk a line between rebuilding and competing and fell off the wall, Fletcher is trying to do the same. The next GM will be no different until things change at the top. Hextall tried to cut the fossils out, and only screwed himself - and he was a bit of a fossil himself, see his draft picks (emphasis on big, two way players) and Gordon.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

It's what makes the fact that anyone on this board continues to waste their time and website server space arguing with him, and the even worse version of him that I don't need to even name, so frustrating to me.

But here we are. Year #8 of two attention-whores leading the masses around in circles.

Last edited:

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
I see in Fletcher a well meaning guy who has a vision, but has little control.
Note where he has made changes, all the areas that the fossils don't care about, scouting, analytics and player development - which were pretty much ignored and underfunded up to now. The Phantoms, where Gordon ruled under Hextall, are doing a better job of coaching up players.

But when it comes to "grand strategy," the fossils have Scott's ear.
It's easy to say "walk away," but this could be Fletcher's last real job, you don't screw your family by walking away from the money that can take care of them the rest of your life just to make a point.

Blaming Fletcher ignores the real problem, Hextall tried to walk a line between rebuilding and competing and fell off the wall, Fletcher is trying to do the same. The next GM will be no different until things change at the top. Hextall tried to cut the fossils out, and only screwed himself - and he was a bit of a fossil himself, see his draft picks (emphasis on big, two way players) and Gordon.

strawman here
I don't anyone ignoring the problem ie the upper management.

If the problem is upper management that doesn't mean Fletcher isn't a smaller problem.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's what makes the fact that anyone on this board continues to waste their time and website server space arguing with him and the even worse version of him that I don't need to even name.

But here we are. Year #8 of two attention-whores leading the masses around in circles.
I know....I get sucked in every blue moon. Don't know how others do it on the daily.

Compared you you and I who have bonded over boycotting the watching of this trash organization....lol.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I know....I get sucked in every blue moon. Don't know how others do it on the daily.

Compared you you and I who have bonded over boycotting the watching of this trash organization....lol.

This is the way.

Reactions: Tripod

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Approaching ufa after next season I wonder what they'll offer sanheim given the flat cap and current prices for dmen.
If they feel confident enough in York what do they try and get for him

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
York is nowhere near Sanheim’s level. Same as he couldn't come close to replacing Ghost either.

If you actually want to win, you keep Sanheim and get rid of any/all of your other defensemen to do it. Let York replace someone who sucks instead of your only good defensemen.

Reactions: Audible Velvet

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Wait, he admitted he was wrong about something? This is truly a banner day. As I remember it, that's now the second time he's ever admitted being wrong about something. His shooting % on that is downright Voracekian.

But who needs to win every argument, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad