Confirmed with Link: [Aug. 20, 2021] Travis Sanheim new contract 2 x $4.675 - MOD WARNING POST 1

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm incredibly surprised by this one. 3 goals, 15 points, and -22 last year. I like Sanheim, but this seems high to me. Takes him straight to UFA too I believe? Kudos to his representation.
His offensive WAR is was in line with Pelech and Petry last year. They’re paid what they’re paid.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Let the record show the Flyers are OK with him going to Free Agency. And they didn't really get a discount either, but that's par for the course.
mario-golf-luigi.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Genesis of the last decade is perfection

"Damn we have no picks, we have no prospects, let alone defensive prospects"
"Wooo we are cautiously optimistic about lots of our Dman prospects"
"Erm I dont know, how about we get rid of them slowly or let them walk away"

Also love all those "Sanheim cant possibly get over 4M, why do you think that??" posts of the past few weeks

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Let’s be honest. You have to seriously question a model that looked at his season last year and spits out a “top pair defensmen” result.

I’m not arguing if he’s under or overrated. I like the guy. But he just not a top pair guy.

Because it’s a 3 year predictive model, not a 1 year evaluation. His individual and on ice ES metrics are consistently terrific, even with poor goal differentials last season. He did specify offensive top pair.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's an ok deal, I guess. 2nd pair money for a 2nd pair defenseman. Probably means he'll be gone in 2 years though. Can also see him traded next summer if York shows he can replace him.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
His offensive WAR is was in line with Pelech and Petry last year. They’re paid what they’re paid.
Is WAR even universally agreed upon in hockey? I can see how it can easily translate into one of the most meaningful stats in baseball, but for hockey? I'm looking at a chart for the 20-21 "shooting-adjusted" WAR for defensemen. Keith Yandle is among the best defensemen in the league, apparently. What a deal we got!

kdsmiijau2n61.jpg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It's an ok deal, I guess. 2nd pair money for a 2nd pair defenseman. Probably means he'll be gone in 2 years though. Can also see him traded next summer if York shows he can replace him.

Or he is dynamite and we extend him long term.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Last three years he was getting the 2nd most ES TOI, behind only Provy. What he surely won’t get in Philly is much PP time. His AAV would be a lot higher if he had more PP production to bargain with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad