WEEI AUDIO: Mike Milbury is very pleased with the Bruins but warns the bubble will burst eventually

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
The man went into the stands at MSG and beat a Rangers fan with the guy's own shoe and somehow ended up years later becoming just about the most hated man in Islanders history.
Didn't he beat up some pee wee hockey player that tried to jump his son?

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
i mean, even if they play at last seasons pace for the rest of this year the end up with 124 points.

.500 the rest of the way ends at 114. So, not too worried about the regular season

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Thank God he was never GM of the Bruins, we'd still be digging out from that. They'd still be paying Yashin and DiPietro.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I actually liked Milbury as an analyst, and think it's excessive that he got dismissed over comments that were misconstrued, and not even that bad to begin with. He brought a crotchety realism without trying to be humorous or edgy - trading Milbury for Bissonette is as bad as some of the trades Milbury made as a GM.

This Bruins dream season has been a blast, but there is truth in what he says. Maybe I didn't phrase it that well a couple of games ago about the B's possibly peaking too early. But the playoffs will not be a cakewalk, no matter what goal differential and points percentage say.

First Round - Pittsburgh is also trying for one more Cup with their aging core, and always adds at the TDL. Similar with Washngton.

Second Round - Tampa or Toronto, it likely goes seven either way.

Third Round - Carolina eliminated them last year in a series in which the home team won every game. Likely goes seven, as well.

Final - Right now the West looks the least threatening, should they get this far.

So I'm enjoying this historic run, but am keeping expectations in check. They will be favored, but the ease with which they are winning won't happen in the playoffs.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
i mean, even if they play at last seasons pace for the rest of this year the end up with 124 points.

.500 the rest of the way ends at 114. So, not too worried about the regular season
Neither am I considering President Trophy winners are a dismal 8 for 33 I just want them relatively healthy for the playoffs and maybe to strengthen the team a bit if they can at the deadline.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Didn't he beat up some pee wee hockey player that tried to jump his son?
Just to clear the record, he did not. Kid was mouthing off to him, MM pulled him aside and told him to shut up (or something along those lines). A handful of people made Milbury out to be the bad guy, but a few folks who were there said it was nothing at all.

I'm not a fan of Milbury and his shtick, but that allegation was BS.

Reactions: Gee Wally

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
No problem with what he said.
Very likely that the Bruins will not keep this torrid pace, but that’s o-k-a-y.
Also, true that it would make some sense to rest our regulars.
Could we get a Kane or an O’Reilly? Dunno, but either would be nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad