Attendance for opening night

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Mondays game is going to be filled with kids.

You'd have to pay ME to go to that game.

be weary.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006

be weary.

I am working that day. So i will def not be there. I have gone to those games its not to bad with all the kids.

LotteryForLife*

I know a few ticket brokers who said they've never seen Islander tickets sell this quick. Heard it's pretty much sold out

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I'd do a rough estimate of about 200 or so tickets left on ticketmaster. 526 tickets left on Stubhub. 6 tickets left on ticketsnow. Pretty damn impressive.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I'd do a rough estimate of about 200 or so tickets left on ticketmaster. 526 tickets left on Stubhub. 6 tickets left on ticketsnow. Pretty damn impressive.

That is impressive. So it looks like a sell out for sure. I'm glad tbh. I thought the lockout was going to really hurt us (and the NHL in general).

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Hockey is back, it's in hot commodity, people wanna watch. Knew it would be a sellout this whole time.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I counted 95 left on ticketmaster. 2 left on ticketsnow. 124 left on stubhub. :handclap:

The funny thing is I've been waiting for tickets to drop price on stub hub on day of game and it's just not happening. Well sucks for me but I'm really happy it'll be a sell out!

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
i bought my tickets from the islanders using their "social media" special on Facebook, 32 bucks plus 5 bucks for the fee, i just wanted to get into the building and figured id be all the way at the top, well it turns out i was in section 207, row e, $130 seats!!! in the corner of the end the isles shot twice

they have a 15 dollar special for tomorrows game, I'm wondering if the tickets will be as good

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

be weary.

I went to one of these games a few years ago. I had no idea it was Kids day. during intermission I went to my car where I just so happened to have ear plugs. I got them, and the rest of the game was enjoyable...except for the final score of course.

I hope they get a great crowd monday afternoon, but I definitely won't be there.

Awesome job filling the place up last night though. Shame it was another stinker.

IslesRVC416

Jul 8, 2012
Rockville Centre
I'll be there tomorrow. Early tailgate and couldnt be more excited. Esp after a weekend in Boston watching the B's beat up the Rags. Enough LaBatts and you never notice the kids. Tomorrow we jump the Rags in pts...I hope

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
will be there tomorrow.. i don't mind the kids at all(except the one that kept kicking the back of my chair throughout the whole game last year), keeps the place lively no matter what the score.. can it be worse than the obnoxious drunks? especially when they root for the other team?

the fact that the rags and flyers are both 0-2 doesnt make our loss seem as bad now.. time to get on the right track.. (really burned me up when I saw the rags commercial saying how tough it will be especially with their divisional rivals flyers, penguins and devils..

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
i bought my tickets from the islanders using their "social media" special on Facebook, 32 bucks plus 5 bucks for the fee, i just wanted to get into the building and figured id be all the way at the top, well it turns out i was in section 207, row e, $130 seats!!! in the corner of the end the isles shot twice

they have a 15 dollar special for tomorrows game, I'm wondering if the tickets will be as good

They probably had no problems selling out the upper cheaper tier and the lower bowl sales were lagging due to steep $130 price.. So rather than make no money and have scores of empty seats they just put it on sale.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
The funny thing is I've been waiting for tickets to drop price on stub hub on day of game and it's just not happening. Well sucks for me but I'm really happy it'll be a sell out!

I did not think you would be able to get cheap seats on the stub hub for the first game. I am sure the rest of the games can be had cheap

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I did not think you would be able to get cheap seats on the stub hub for the first game. I am sure the rest of the games can be had cheap

The price of tickets jumped pretty rapidly before the first game. I signed into the Stubhub to get tickets at like $45 I clicked to purchase and they were no longer available then it went up to $55 then up to $60 all in a matter of minutes. For todays game they had tickets available on stubhub all weekend for $15 now its up to $35, it's actually cheaper to buy them from the team at this point I believe it's $33 for the cheapest seats at the box office.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I know many of us expected a big drop off today but while watching the game it looked packed and friend who was at the game said it was pretty crowded. The announced attendance for the game today was 15,322 which is pretty impressive to me at least.

Metrostars

Jan 21, 2013
I don't think anyone expected the crowd today, either the fans or the team. Waited 20-30 mins to walk up and get tix, as did many who ordered through will call. A pleasant surprise though, with I think about 15,300 being the announced attendance!

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I know many of us expected a big drop off today but while watching the game it looked packed and friend who was at the game said it was pretty crowded. The announced attendance for the game today was 15,322 which is pretty impressive to me at least.

Its VERY impressive. The Isles always have a matinee hoem game for the kids in the first week or 2 of the season and after a usual hoem sellout, it always disappoints with like... 12.-13.5 K fans or so, not today though, the building was full, loud and proud.

A great sign, especially against a team like the lightning who doesnt attract much of a crowd, against us or ever really, so yeah, great sign. With a shortended season and the true fans so hiungry for hockey, and the news of broolyn, and so many division and conference games this year, I expect the Isles average attendance to be way up this year. It was about 13,700 last year (up from like 11,000 the year before), but I expect us to average anywhere between 14,500 and 15,500 at home games this year.

With just 22 home games, averaging about 15,700 through 2 games, and 8 of of the final 22 games against division rivals and the rest against the conference (Bruins, Habs, Caps, etc always get solid crowds, right?), and the fact that Im confident this team cna make a playoff push if they playw ell up until Bailey, Lubo, and Joensuu arrive, I think we're gonna have respectable attendance numbers, leading into a slingshot into next season's first of many cup runs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad