Attendance for opening night

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
First opening night i wont be going to in as long as i can recall. Hope you all enjoy, but i wont spend a dime, esp when Wang has the balls to raise ticket prices while teams are selling ssn packages for 200$ and others at 7$ a game.

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
First opening night i wont be going to in as long as i can recall. Hope you all enjoy, but i wont spend a dime, esp when Wang has the balls to raise ticket prices while teams are selling ssn packages for 200$ and others at 7$ a game.

I will be at the game and just like you won't be spending a dime. Got tickets off stubhub and eating/drinking before the game. Best of both worlds.

Volek25

Apr 23, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Just went onto ticketmaster to get my tickets for Saturdays game. It looks like a lot of the seats have been sold already. Should easily be a sellout, if not, close to one.

:yo::yo::yo:

I just hit up ticketmaster as well and yea wow, there's not too much available (according to there seat chart). There's def some seats still open, but looking like its gonna be a pretty full building on sat night...can't wait, our boys better f'ing bring it, unlike last years opener!!

Let's go Islanders!!!!

NYCoolRunner

Apr 8, 2011
Just bought tickets a few hours ago on stubhub. Section 327 I believe. They were only $25 and probably not the best seats in the house, but I wanted to be there for opening night. This will be my first opener of any sport. Can't wait!

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
On ticketmaster, judging by the colored dots representing unsold seats, it looks like there are less than 1000 left. Stubhub, as of right now, shows 957 tickets left. Judging by that, it should be close to capacity by Saturday.

Giuseppe Franco

Jun 1, 2008
On ticketmaster, judging by the colored dots representing unsold seats, it looks like there are less than 1000 left. Stubhub, as of right now, shows 957 tickets left. Judging by that, it should be close to capacity by Saturday.

I'd bet the farm it just means the Isles are withholding a bunch of tickets to potentially sell to season/partial ticket holders. You'll see a lot more seats open up the closer we get to game day.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
I'd bet the farm it just means the Isles are withholding a bunch of tickets to potentially sell to season/partial ticket holders. You'll see a lot more seats open up the closer we get to game day.
Before I take this bet, how big is the farm?:sarcasm:

I don't really know how the ticket thing works in all honesty. I live rather far away so I only get to a few games, and when I go, the building is never sold out, so I don't know what it is like with sellouts.

Giuseppe Franco

Jun 1, 2008
Before I take this bet, how big is the farm?:sarcasm:

I don't really know how the ticket thing works in all honesty. I live rather far away so I only get to a few games, and when I go, the building is never sold out, so I don't know what it is like with sellouts.

Well I live in Manhattan, so not very big. :)

Opening nights are usually sellouts but I'd be really surprised if they got one this year. Having a couple thousand Devil fans there should help though.

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
A walkup crowd for a Saturday is usually around 1K. Couple that with this being the opener versus a local team and this sells out easy as pie.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Man, I so want to drive down for the game. Opening nights are always electric. I'm still annoyed from the last time I went to the opening game in 2009... I was about to get to the urinal when Tavares scored his first ever goal. :facepalm:

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Man, I so want to drive down for the game. Opening nights are always electric. I'm still annoyed from the last time I went to the opening game in 2009... I was about to get to the urinal when Tavares scored his first ever goal. :facepalm:

That was the first opening nights I went to, I still think they should have beat the Penguins that game lol. I'm going to the game Saturday.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I will be close to full for the first two games. Then i predict a giant fall out

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I want to go but $ is a little tight. I will most likely have some friends over and watch at home

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
Is this a NY Ranger Thread? Who cares if they sell out or not.

There is no prize for selling out.

From what I see though, it looks to be close to sold out and Monday may be as well.

And if it doesn't sell out, oh well. Its opening night, its gonna be a good crowd. This is my 2nd opener I am missing.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
just ordered tickets from the islanders, they fave a facebook special 32.00 tickets for opening night and 15. for monday. 5 dollar service charge for 2 tickets.

not too bad since the cheaperst ones on stub hib are now 40.00 (plus at least 10.00 in fees)

i think its gonna be a sellout!

Islespuck89

Jan 9, 2012
just ordered tickets from the islanders, they fave a facebook special 32.00 tickets for opening night and 15. for monday. 5 dollar service charge for 2 tickets.

not too bad since the cheaperst ones on stub hib are now 40.00 (plus at least 10.00 in fees)

i think its gonna be a sellout!

I called on Monday for the $25 speical and asked if they had better seats. paid $42 was told tickets will be in end zones 200's not last 5 rows. they couldnt give me exact seat since it was best available. I normally buy on stub hub. I am really good at reading the market on tickets and airline prices. i felt this was best deal i would find so far it is.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I broke down, used the money I had set aside for some work I was going to get done. Now the Lady and I are going to the game Sec 224.

Are there any Isles Board gathering this year. Love to have a beer and meet some of you.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Going to be in 224 as well

I will be close to full for the first two games. Then i predict a giant fall out

Very likely and similar to last year when the first game sold out then the next game was half full. To make it even worse, I noticed there is a 7 game homestand this year in just 14 days at the end of February and beginning of March. I can see some of those game being a ghost town as that may be overkill for a lot of fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad