Atlantic Division Allstar Team

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Andersen doesn’t need to go...send as many Tampa players as they can.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Gramps here
Marner or Point - only 1 makes team
Vas or Freddy - only 1 makes team
Price - is Montreal's best
Chabot, Yandle and Rielly all deserve to be there
Matty, Larkin, Eichel, Kucherov, Pasternak all deserve to be there

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Gramps here
Marner or Point - only 1 makes team
Vas or Freddy - only 1 makes team
Price - is Montreal's best
Chabot, Yandle and Rielly all deserve to be there
Matty, Larkin, Eichel, Kucherov, Pasternak all deserve to be there

Chabot is out for three weeks, you can scratch him off.
Price is also out, with a lower body injury... allegedly not serious, but bothering him for a while... I think at this point he'd decline.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No Rielly AND/OR Marner is criminal to say the least... but I guess one of each team has to go.

Tavares is there though.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
No Rielly AND/OR Marner is criminal to say the least... but I guess one of each team has to go.

Tavares is there though.

I'm surprised at the Tavares over Marner call. I guess Tavares' name has more allure to all fans?

Rielly is such a shame, he definitely deserves to be in.

I think there's still a fan vote to put someone in right? Thought I read that somewhere.

Reactions: FADYB

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm surprised at the Tavares over Marner call. I guess Tavares' name has more allure to all fans?

Rielly is such a shame, he definitely deserves to be in.

I think there's still a fan vote to put someone in right? Thought I read that somewhere.

You're right. Rosters are currently at ten players each.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This all-star game is a joke. How does a guy in the top 5 in scoring does not go? Or how does a dman leading all dman in scoring does not go? It's BS. Not all the best players are invited. How is Carey Price an all-star? A joke. I won't watch even a second of this farce.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This all-star game is a joke. How does a guy in the top 5 in scoring does not go? Or how does a dman leading all dman in scoring does not go? It's BS. Not all the best players are invited. How is Carey Price an all-star? A joke. I won't watch even a second of this farce.

A player from each team has to be on the team....

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
A player from each team has to be on the team....

Which is my point. That's a joke. You're not inviting the best players. Either invite all the best players regardless of team, or scrap it. If you're team does not have anyone deserving to go, then nobody should go.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

you can't have half of the team leaf players

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
you can't have half of the team leaf players

I am talking about the best players in general. Have all the best players there, period. The way they do it now is dumb. If 1 team has 5 all stars and another team has 0, there shouldn't be a problem. But the NHL thinks it is. When the Leafs were last place, I wouldn't care if they sent 0 guys when nobody was really an all-star. If I am a fan of this game, I want to see the absolute best players not the Leo Komarov types.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
easy win by the Atlantic
Dv8Ze7dX0AEKZKS.png:large

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Well, If you only watch Leafs players you’ve been missing a lot of great playoff hockey the past 50 odd years.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Which is my point. That's a joke. You're not inviting the best players. Either invite all the best players regardless of team, or scrap it. If you're team does not have anyone deserving to go, then nobody should go.

The stipulation can seem a bit forced. I suppose "best players" can be a subjective thing at times though.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I am in full agreement with you.. .but then, I don't think I've watched an All Star game in a decade and a half... they are all meaningless jokes. Want a meaningful and fun All Star Game? World Cup of Hockey, Olympics....

Reactions: Suntouchable13

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Hedman hasn't earned it this year, and the team is much too crowded for anyone underserving to make it.

It's so crowded that Matthews and Vasilevsky probably don't make it due to injuries, even though they might be the best at their positions.

Marner TOR
Point TBL
Kucherov TBL
Eichel BUF
Pastrnak BOS
Domi MTL

Rielly TOR
Chabot OTT
Yandle FLA

Halak BOS
Howard DET
Damn you, sir.