Atlantic Division Allstar Team

coachbob59

Feb 13, 2018
Knowing that each divisional team in the All Star Game is made of 2 goalies, 3 defence man and 6 forwards, and that each team in that division must be represented by at least one player, here is my guess. Feel free to make your own guess or argue these selections.

Goalies
Price (MTL)
Andersen (TOR)

Defensemen
Hedman (TPA)
Rielly (TOR)
Chabot (OTT)

Forwards
Kucherov (TPA)
Larkin (DET)
Eichel (BUF)
Marner (TOR)
Barkov (FLA))
Pasternak (BOS)

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hedman hasn't earned it this year, and the team is much too crowded for anyone underserving to make it.

It's so crowded that Matthews and Vasilevsky probably don't make it due to injuries, even though they might be the best at their positions.

Marner TOR
Point TBL
Kucherov TBL
Eichel BUF
Pastrnak BOS
Domi MTL

Rielly TOR
Chabot OTT
Yandle FLA

Halak BOS
Howard DET

Reactions: Havoc

coachbob59

Feb 13, 2018
Hedman hasn't earned it this year, and the team is much too crowded for anyone underserving to make it.

It's so crowded that Matthews and Vasilevsky probably don't make it due to injuries, even though they might be the best at their positions.

Marner TOR
Point TBL
Kucherov TBL
Eichel BUF
Pastrnak BOS
Domi MTL

Rielly TOR
Chabot OTT
Yandle FLA

Halak BOS
Howard DET

Point deserves a spot.....tough to leave Point off my team....
Yandle could deserve a spot when talking points (3rd) which would take Barkov off to make room for Point?
Price is 2nd in Division in wins (15) to Andersen (20)
Taking Domi out and leaving Price in makes room for Point?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Point deserves a spot.....tough to leave Point off my team....
Yandle could deserve a spot when talking points (3rd) which would take Barkov off to make room for Point?
Price is 2nd in Division in wins (15) to Andersen (20)
Taking Domi out and leaving Price in makes room for Point?

I got point in there already!

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

Marner TOR
Point TBL
Kucherov TBL
Eichel BUF
Pastrnak BOS
Domi MTL

Rielly TOR
Chabot OTT
Yandle FLA

Halak BOS
Howard DET

Howard??

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Marner TOR
Point TBL
Kucherov TBL
Eichel BUF
Pastrnak BOS
Domi MTL

Rielly TOR
Chabot OTT
Yandle FLA

Halak BOS
Howard DET

Need every team represented and honestly I am fine with Andersen getting a break. Howard has been relatively good for a bad Detroit team.

I actually think Zeke put together a decent roster. No one really missing.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Here’s my take:

1st line:
Marner (TOR) - Kucherov (TBL)
Chabot (OTT)

2nd line:
Eichel (BUF) - Barkov (FLA)
Yandle (FLA)

3rd line:
Domi (MTL) - Larkin (DET)
Rielly (TOR)

Goalies:
Halak (BOS)
Vasilevskiy (TBL)

The only one I’m not super happy about is Yandle, but the next most deserving is McDonagh and that’s less enticing.

I don’t enjoy giving Florida two slots but Barkov is doing something really special this year, but then who besides Yandle (after Rielly and Chabot are accounted for) earns a spot on defence...

As for the lines, 1st line will be like the Sedins on Mountain Dew mixed with with espresso. They’ll spread the opponents out so thin they’ll discover a new superconductive material called enaichelumum.

The 2nd line is more of a shutdown line but one which can score at will.

The third line is just pure speed. On 3-on-3 that should be a force.

Halak with the obvious nod and fills out Boston’s quota. Then Vasilevskiy because he’s been the best.

Last edited:

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
but then which Hab makes it?

Howard has been miles better than Price, while Domi's been as good as Larkin.

I’d take Domi over Point.

Not based on merit but if we’re having to leave out Tavares and Matthews then I’m not sure many disagree with leaving out Point, as well.

Larkin has All-Star skill. Howard has just been decent.

Plus I really like the idea of Larkin with Domi and Rielly. Crazy speed and skill!

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Unlikely Tampa Bay get less than 4 picks for the All Star Game. Leafs might get 3, but in this NHL, more likely just 2.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
At least 2 Leafs are going to get undeservingly omitted from this team. We should have at least 4 all stars, probably 5. Marner Tavares Rielly Andersen and Matthews.

I was going to say it's payback for when Komarov was selected to the all star game, but he actually had a good start to that season.

Last edited:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Truthfully you could send just buffalo,Tampa and Toronto players and it'd be a fantastic all star tteam .

Point
Stammer
Kuch
Matthews
Marner
Tavares
Skinner
Eichel

Rielly
Hedman
Macdounagh

Freddy
Vasi

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I personally think this is the most deserving Atlantic all star team for this year:

Kucherov (TB)
Marner (TOR)
Eichel (BUF)
Pastrnak (BOS)
Larkin (DET)
Barkov (FLA)

Rielly (TOR)
Chabot (OTT)
Petry (MTL)

Andersen (TOR)
Halak (BOS)

So we would have 3 representatives, although I don't know if I necessarily want Andersen going.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I really hope Marner, Matthews and Rielly make it.

Marner should go, Top 5 in points. Rielly should go, highest scoring dman in the league. I also think Matthews should go. 19 goals, 34 points in 23 games. 2nd highest points per game in the Atlantic. Tied with Ovechkin for goals per game.

Not sure how the voting will go or who deserves it the most though. What are the chances Marner or Rielly gets the most votes due to the popularity vote in? That vote is for making them captain for the Atlantic right?

Is there any situation where all 3 of them could go?

coachbob59

Feb 13, 2018
I guess Matthews being named as captain changes things.

Halak
Howard

Reilly
Chabot
Yandle

Marner
Kucherov
Point
Domi
Matthews
Eichel

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
At least 2 Leafs are going to get undeservingly omitted from this team. We should have at least 4 all stars, probably 5. Marner Tavares Rielly Andersen and Matthews.

I was going to say it's payback for when Komarov was selected to the all star game, but he actually had a good start to that season.

I think Tavares will take a break and spend time with his wife (newly married and all).

I think Matthews and Rielly go. If there is a third option probably Marner goes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad