Atlanta moving to the AHL?

Canucks21

Feb 24, 2015
Canada
Same reason why I don't see Tampa moving out of Syracuse. Easier to get players to Buffalo, Boston, Montreal, and Toronto.

It's fine having your AHL team close of you but your only playing half of The season at home plus if it's in the same rink or same city they aren't home at the same time then the NHL team

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Why would the Blackhawks move their AHL team from their back yard to Atlanta

That was a dig at a poster who has a BlackHawks logo and who is speculating that Milwaukee (Chicago's geographic neighbor) might lose their affiliation with Nashville after 18 years of good results to move to a city that has lost at least 3 pro hockey teams so far. You missed the meaning of the naughty smilies. BlackHawks and other Chicago pro sports team supporters are infamous for starting garbage. People in the Milwaukee area have zero tolerance for that, regardless of the sport.

Milwaukee is 4-3 against Rockford (the BlackHawks affiliate) so far this season. I would want them to move out of the Midwest if they were beating my team.

Atlanta to Nashville is 250 miles or about a 4 hour drive. Milwaukee to Nashville is about a 9 hour drive (568 miles), but a 90 minute flight. I have made the trip by driving and by flying. Flying is a lot easier.

People have been speculating that the Milwaukee Admirals are going to move to Atlanta for about 3 years on the HF site. It hasn't happened yet, nor do I expect it.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
That was a dig at a poster who has a BlackHawks logo and who is speculating that Milwaukee (Chicago's geographic neighbor) might lose their affiliation with Nashville after 18 years of good results to move to a city that has lost at least 3 pro hockey teams so far. You missed the meaning of the naughty smilies. BlackHawks and other Chicago pro sports team supporters are infamous for starting garbage. People in the Milwaukee area have zero tolerance for that, regardless of the sport.

Milwaukee is 4-3 against Rockford (the BlackHawks affiliate) so far this season. I would want them to move out of the Midwest if they were beating my team.

Atlanta to Nashville is 250 miles or about a 4 hour drive. Milwaukee to Nashville is about a 9 hour drive (568 miles), but a 90 minute flight. I have made the trip by driving and by flying. Flying is a lot easier.

People have been speculating that the Milwaukee Admirals are going to move to Atlanta for about 3 years on the HF site. It hasn't happened yet, nor do I expect it.

Uhh not all Chicago pro sports fans like to start crap...As you know I'm a Wolves season ticket holder. Besides we have a lot in common in our massive dislike of chicago hockey outside of the Wolves. I can't stand the blackhawks nor can i stand their fans. I have no respect or whatever for them as a whole. The team, could care less about based on things that were done in the past and the fans of theirs in chicago and rockford are some of the most bandwagon clueless in the sports world. Their core fans are of the 5 to 6 years variety and think they invented the game, when in fact they don't know a puck from a ding dong.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Uhh not all Chicago pro sports fans like to start crap...As you know I'm a Wolves season ticket holder. Besides we have a lot in common in our massive dislike of chicago hockey outside of the Wolves. I can't stand the blackhawks nor can i stand their fans. I have no respect or whatever for them as a whole. The team, could care less about based on things that were done in the past and the fans of theirs in chicago and rockford are some of the most bandwagon clueless in the sports world. Their core fans are of the 5 to 6 years variety and think they invented the game, when in fact they don't know a puck from a ding dong.

You go Axe!!! And it wouldn't surprise me if the Ice Hogs moved to Atlanta area. Money talks and suckers walk when talking about the Wirtzes. Rocky is different than his father and grandfather but he is still a wirtz and has whined about the hawks losing money.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
You go Axe!!! And it wouldn't surprise me if the Ice Hogs moved to Atlanta area. Money talks and suckers walk when talking about the Wirtzes. Rocky is different than his father and grandfather but he is still a wirtz and has whined about the hawks losing money.

Don't ever think the Ice Hogs would move to Atlanta, I like having the Gladiators.

I just wish they could move up in the AHL so that the talent would be better, and the affiliation that's stronger than they currently have with the Bruins.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
If the Predators do decide one day to cut ties w/ Milwaukee, I think they should at least consider giving Memphis some thought.

Some thought, but honestly, Atlanta is a much larger market and I know people here who you immediately start re-watching the NHL if the Glads were to align themselves with the Preds.

Again, right now it's the Bruins, and they sell Bruins gear in the store, but we all know that no real Bruins are stepping foot in that arena.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Some thought, but honestly, Atlanta is a much larger market and I know people here who you immediately start re-watching the NHL if the Glads were to align themselves with the Preds.

Again, right now it's the Bruins, and they sell Bruins gear in the store, but we all know that no real Bruins are stepping foot in that arena.

I have been to Atlanta. Traffic is a nightmare.

BTW: Saturday night's Admirals game is expected a crowd of 12,000+.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
The devils are a joke...you wouldn't want them running your ahl team anyway.

The Devil's AHL team has made the playoffs only twice I think in the last 15 seasons, only once while in Albany dating back to their previous affiliation and once while in Lowell Mass. While this season looks good the team in Albany has been lousy as of late from what I see. Injuries in NJ resulted in their top four players having been poached, then their goaltender is hurt so I see they called someone up from the ECHL in Glen's Falls NY. Albany always starts off okay, usually by three quarters into their season the post season usually always gets away from them. While they are in good position right now, the slump they have been in will have devastating consequence should it continue. I don't see Atlanta taking to the Devils AHL club whatsoever. The ECHL does quite well in the south. Only way I see that change if teams like Fort Myers/Naples or Orlando become AHL affiliates of The Bolts or Panthers.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The Devil's AHL team has made the playoffs only twice I think in the last 15 seasons, only once while in Albany dating back to their previous affiliation and once while in Lowell Mass. While this season looks good the team in Albany has been lousy as of late from what I see. Injuries in NJ resulted in their top four players having been poached, then their goaltender is hurt so I see they called someone up from the ECHL in Glen's Falls NY. Albany always starts off okay, usually by three quarters into their season the post season usually always gets away from them. While they are in good position right now, the slump they have been in will have devastating consequence should it continue. I don't see Atlanta taking to the Devils AHL club whatsoever. The ECHL does quite well in the south. Only way I see that change if teams like Fort Myers/Naples or Orlando become AHL affiliates of The Bolts or Panthers.

AND Florida left San Antonio why? because Orlando was merged into Chicago which then had the Thrashers (Jets) affiliation and how long were held dormant and took a decade to reestablish the Solar Bears tradition....

Florida left SA for Portland remember.... wht hockey facility is in either Ft. Myers or Naples?:shakehead

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
wht hockey facility is in either Ft. Myers or Naples?:shakehead

Germain Arena (home of the Everblades) is in Estero. Estero is halfway between Ft Myers and Naples, about 15 miles from either of them. I think it is pretty obvious from the context that is what he was talking about.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Estero,+FL/@26.439244,-81.778249,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1s109931281!2e1!3e10!6s%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fproxy%2FnE3CCC5YAmm1JVeXSuDzRoBHRWy46UMcDG3D_kUYszVZO3qn-x3bE1cnWu-K0EYXI67UebovqTchP9HaP9nhwq_luM7ucQ8%3Dw152-h86!7i4384!8i2466!4m2!3m1!1s0x88db11dab201734d:0xb394cd8f1c700fa4!6m1!1e1

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis

Problem is very few people are able to find Estero on a map without being told "look near Ft. Myers".

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

but it's been well established tht Carolina essentially owns tht territory through the Everblades, Royals, good luck attempting to force them out of tht market.

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
but it's been well established tht Carolina essentially owns tht territory through the Everblades, Royals, good luck attempting to force them out of tht market.

How hard can it possibly be to "force them out" when its widely known that the team and arena are both for sale? Forcing them out is as simple as it gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad