Injury Report: Atkinson placed on injured reserve

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Cam may be out for at least a month. The groin isn't responding. He played 33 games in Springfield with no problems. Gets injured the first day of practice here. I would bet anything that the reason for the injury was poor ice conditions.

Seriously? I had no idea it was that severe, I was hoping to see him back next week.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Cam may be out for at least a month. The groin isn't responding. He played 33 games in Springfield with no problems. Gets injured the first day of practice here. I would bet anything that the reason for the injury was poor ice conditions.

Source?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@cbass2632 "thanking the bluejacket fans for the shout out here on twitter.. also good luck to the boys who got called up today. #giver****tt"

Looks like some players in Springfield have been told they are being call up, but nothing official from the Jackets so far.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: Told today that #CBJ RW Cam Atkinson has a high-ankle sprain, could be 2-3 more weeks out of the lineup.”

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

The ice in the Ice Haus is right up there with the best ice I've ever skated on.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Mad skillz! Atkinson probably won't be 100% this season, but if it's a sprain he should be back.

Agree. Interesting that the first two guys hurt, Atkinson and Calvert, both played during the lockout, but are the two smallest guys on the roster. There may be something said for not becoming too dependent on undersized players.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Agree. Interesting that the first two guys hurt, Atkinson and Calvert, both played during the lockout, but are the two smallest guys on the roster. There may be something said for not becoming too dependent on undersized players.

From the small sample size of evidence it does look that way. Fortunately I don't think their size was a contributing factor.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Amazing long-distance diagnosis, Little Doctor Sunshine!

I've heard of men with healing powers who can cure you by glaring at you through your television screen. Surely diagnosis is just as straightforward?

Admittedly, the dread words "high ankle sprain" have me in a similar "well, there goes his season" mindset, but that's more unworthy paranoia rather than sober analysis.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
From the small sample size of evidence it does look that way. Fortunately I don't think their size was a contributing factor.

Word.

The high ankle sprain doesn't likely have much to do with his size anyways (if anything I imagine smallish players suffer from that injury less). Both players were very aggressive on the forecheck though, maybe there is some correlation there. On the flip side, I think Cam sent 2 Red Wings to the locker room in the home opener...innocent plays, but hits he initiated none the less.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
any chances we see boooone up this yr sure like to see that

No, I don't think so. Besides, I believe once a Jr. player is sent back to his team he can't be recalled until the season is over. CBJ won't waste a contract year on Jenner for a few games in what is amounting to an evaluation/adjustment season.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
No, I don't think so. Besides, I believe once a Jr. player is sent back to his team he can't be recalled until the season is over. CBJ won't waste a contract year on Jenner for a few games in what is amounting to an evaluation/adjustment season.

The only circumstance where it's allowed is an emergency call-up, but I don't know exactly how that works

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@Aportzline "As #CBJ practiced in Nationwide Arena, RW Cam Atkinson skated by himself in Ice Haus. He's out Tuesday, not likely back for a week or so."

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@RobMixer "Richards said Aucoin, Nikitin and Atkinson are all "progressing" with their injuries, but none will be returning tomorrow. #CBJ"

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
Cam Atkinson expected back this weekend per rotoworld. Sorry, is hopeful. Still promising news.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/3578/cam-atkinson

Cam Atkinson (ankle) is hoping to rejoin the Blue Jackets' lineup on Sunday or Monday.
Atkinson was initially projected to miss another two-to-three weeks as of Jan. 30, so he appears to be ahead of schedule. He has a goal in three games this season.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
It is good to hear he is progressing ahead of schedule. I just hope he does not push it so much that the ankle is more vulnerable to re-injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad