Injury Report: Atkinson placed on injured reserve

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@RobMixer: #CBJ place Cam Atkinson on injured reserve.â€

“@Aportzline: #CBJ place Cam Atkinson (groin) on injured reserve, retroactive to Jan. 23. He can be activated on Jan. 30.â€

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So are they actually going to call someone up to take his spot? Not sure of what the purpose is of putting him on IR unless they plan to replace him with someone. If they are calling someone up, it won't be someone who will just sit in the box with Gilles and Savard. There is no point in that.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Not sure they are going to call anyone up, but I don't think it will be JAM. He is starting in the AHL ASG tomorrow.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
My guess is they don't call up anyone until they reevaluate mid-week. If he can go Jan 30 or 31 then no, if he's still out maybe.

Even without him they still have 13 forwards. Assuming Gilles is still actually in Columbus. Anyone actually seen him since camp?

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
JAM has been invisible lately. Chaput and Kubalik have been carrying the team until the lst two games.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: #CBJ not planning call-ups from Springfield thru next 2 games, barring injury. If still struggling to generate goals/chances, may reconsider”

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
How has Atkinson looked in the early going? He was exciting in college, just never was sure it would translate to a scoring forward at the NHL level. I hope he does well.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How has Atkinson looked in the early going? He was exciting in college, just never was sure it would translate to a scoring forward at the NHL level. I hope he does well.

He, Foligno, Johansen, and Calvert are the only forward that look like they have any idea on how to score.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
So if there isn't going to be a call up, what's the point of putting him on IR? Does his salary count differently against the cap (which I don't think is an issue)? Does insurance cover some salary?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So if there isn't going to be a call up, what's the point of putting him on IR? Does his salary count differently against the cap (which I don't think is an issue)? Does insurance cover some salary?

We have no potential cap issues and LTIR is where I think insurance kicks in. No, I see no other benefit than opening up a roster slot. It's probably preemptive housekeeping. There is no harm in doing it, so I don't see any issue.

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
Cam may be out for at least a month. The groin isn't responding. He played 33 games in Springfield with no problems. Gets injured the first day of practice here. I would bet anything that the reason for the injury was poor ice conditions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad