Injury Report: Atkinson placed on injured reserve

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I wouldn't expect him back until the road trip. No point in re-injury and get him back early. If we actually can win a couple games it would be better to have him healthy later than injured and not at all. One thing is certain, he's an impact player on this team.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: Every indication is that #CBJ RW Cam Atkinson is on upcoming trip and hopes/expects to play vs. #LAKings on Feb. 15.â€

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@smitchcd "Appears #CBJ RW Cam Atkinson (ankle) has suffered setback and might not make trip to LA with team."

@smitchcd "#CBJ coarch Todd Richard said Atkinson will make the trip. Maintenance day for Anisimov and MacKenzie today."

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@smitchcd: Drazenovic recall a mild surprise considering #CBJ took 13 forwards to L.A. But Atkinson (high ankle) not exactly optimistic after practice.”

“@smitchcd: Atkinson didn't call it a setback, but said he's "not there" yet. Seemed pretty disappointed. He was targeting Friday. #CBJ”

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
RE: Cam staying up or going on conditioning stint at Springy

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer
@CPFro3 I think he'll go right back in the lineup. Been skating everyday so conditioning is there.

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer
Good sign: Atkinson taking a regular shift alongside Umberger and Brassard. #CBJ

Last edited:

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
Don't count on it yet. One sharp stop and the ankle will go bad again

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Don't count on it yet. One sharp stop and the ankle will go bad again

Who would have guessed that on can aggravate injuries?

When he makes he back he will be welcome. If he re-injures himself, it's just one of those things. Certainly don't need to be warned about the possibility.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@RobMixer: #CBJ officially activate Cam Atkinson off injured reserve. Nick Drazenovic resassigned to Springfield.â€

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
And Dubinsky to IR. I wasn't able to watch the game he got injured and haven't found much info on it. Was it bad?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Knee on knee hit. Jackets are saying it was a sprain and he will be out 1-2 weeks.

Damn, well I guess this is a good time for Atkinson to return. Now is definitely a good time for Cam to make a pretty big impact. Now i'm staying realistic but it'd definitely be a breathe of fresh air to see a consistent goal scorer. Its contagious and definitely helps out a locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad