Value of: Athanasiou to COL

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Yeah I definitely could see something around Kaut+. He hasn't had a great start to the season on our godawful AHL team and has been surpassed by Newhook on our depth chart.

Kaut + COL 1st 2020 for AA + DET 2nd 2020?

Does that make sense? Not enough?

I love Zads but I think he will be the odd man out in the expansion draft so I would be open to trading him. But I am not sure I would add all that much to him for AA.

Would you do a straight up swap?

Kaut and basically a swap of picks 5-10 spots apart at the end of the 1st round/start of 2nd is not good enough. Newhook + 2020 1st is more like what it would take.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Not enough, I understand people's apprehension to paying a high price if they're just looking at stats, but if you actually watch him it's so easy to see the skating is among the best in the league, the offensive skill is high end. On a good team/line where he has other high end talent around him and isn't the sole focus of a defense when he's on the ice, he's a consistent 60-70+ pt player.

It's more likely that AA is a consistent 40 point player than a consistent 60-70+ point player.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Kaut and basically a swap of picks 5-10 spots apart at the end of the 1st round/start of 2nd is not good enough. Newhook + 2020 1st is more like what it would take.

Yeah that would kill any interest I would have in that deal then unfortunately. Thats too much to give up.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i dont know enough about zaderov to say if its a fair trade . but i will say i love what ive seen of zaderov and that if avs put athanasou with mckinnon it would be a deadly duo of speed demons that are also power skaters . and athansou started season off injured ands been playing without a center or good dmen to feed him sauce he can work with , put him on a good passing unit and i guarantee its break away city as is one of top 5 fastest skaters on earth

Last edited:
Reactions: winger7020

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It's more likely that AA is a consistent 40 point player than a consistent 60-70+ point player.
In Detroit yes AA is probably a consistent 40 point player, But if you put him on McDavids wing say he could be a consistent 60-70 point player rather easily. AA-McDavid-Draisaitl would probably be one of the most dangerous lines in the NHL and definitely the fastest.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
In Detroit yes AA is probably a consistent 40 point player, But if you put him on McDavids wing say he could be a consistent 60-70 point player rather easily. AA-McDavid-Draisaitl would probably be one of the most dangerous lines in the NHL and definitely the fastest.

"One of" lol.

McDavid and Drai are already on pace for 305 combined points this year.

Reactions: DarthProbert

SoulDynasty

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa

This line of thinking is only used on message boards by armchair GMs. It doesn’t matter what a player could do playing with prime Wayne Gretzky and prime Mario Lemieux, what matters is what the player has accomplished with what he was given. Thinking you’re going to get amazing value for make believe scenarios is only going to hurt you in the end.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Dude are you really comparing Hall who's a pending UFA next summer to AA who's still under club control for like the next 2 years. Get real here there's no comparison.

He will be under club control for the rest of his career because he's not that good. The Avs don't need anymore tweeners. If they're going to give up those prime trading assets they need to acquire someone that will put them over the top.

Get real here.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
He will be under club control for the rest of his career because he's not that good. The Avs don't need anymore tweeners. If they're going to give up those prime trading assets they need to acquire someone that will put them over the top.

Get real here.
Yer opinion is wrong...what a f***ing tool

Reactions: Asinine

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Get real here.
:laugh: Tween Did you just call AA a tweener? Get real here he's hardly a tweener He's a better scorer then half of your team. This is a total joke.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
:laugh: Tween Did you just call AA a tweener? Get real here he's hardly a tweener He's a better scorer then half of your team. This is a total joke.

He has 3 goals in 19 games. That's more than only 7 players on the Avs' that have played 14 games or more, and only 2 of those are forwards. You're just feeding me layups. You could have at least brought up that outlier of a season last year when he scored 30 goals.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He has 3 goals in 19 games. That's more than only 7 players on the Avs' that have played 14 games or more, and only 2 of those are forwards. You're just feeding me layups. You could have at least brought up that outlier of a season last year when he scored 30 goals.

Why do that when you can just point out the ignorance of thinking he should be scoring like wildfire on a team where he's the only good forward not on the top line and started the season playing hurt.

Reactions: lilidk

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
AA is not a tweener fact. Hes not a better scorer (this season) than half the Avs. The Avs already have a similiar player in Burakovsky right now. I dont think theres a deal to be made here. AA in Edmonton could be a thing though if the Wings are looking to move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad