ATD2020 Draft Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
FWIW: I think that's absolutely the best move on the board there. Side-stepped a trap, IMO.

You know better than I do that your next election is 152. That would have been a l...o...n...g time to wait to draft your Alpha D. Strong pick.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I imagine BB isn’t too happy about that

I imagine BB isn’t too happy about that one… He would have been a great partner for Crosby also

He wasn't even on my list.

Agh, I have an extreeeemely tempting move I could making here, and I willing be going experimental with one of my teams, but the first 3 rounds ain't the place to do it.

I suppose all-Habs is fun too.

Serge Savard.

OTOH this is who I was going to take, so that's a bummer. Best D available since Gerard in my book.

I'll check my options and pick shortly.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
With Serge Savard out I hate all my options so I'll just pick the only remaining goalie who I feel is a notch above the rest, Charlie Gardiner, G.

Gardiner is the only goalie to captain his team to a SC win. With Crosby and Clapper in the bag, I have my captain and two alternates already.

Besides, with two teams I wanted at least one with a strong goalie.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I understand this is quite the jump for Gardiner, but goalies are a game on their own in the ATD and it seems they're getting taken closer to their actual value right now.

In any case no player really called me to pick him so that's that.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
With Serge Savard out I hate all my options so I'll just pick the only remaining goalie who I feel is a notch above the rest, Charlie Gardiner, G.

Gardiner is the only goalie to captain his team to a SC win. With Crosby and Clapper in the bag, I have my captain and two alternates already.

Besides, with two teams I wanted at least one with a strong goalie.

Smart pick. It's a loooong way back around to 150.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
In the Top 100 Project it was a scandal to many voters how late Gardiner became eligible, which partially explains his placement. He should have been there for 2-3 rounds already when he came in play.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad