ATD2018 - Draft Thread 3

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
rmartin said before that he only has time on the weekends...it looks like there was a decent amount of discussion this weekend. If rmartin has more to say, I would give him the extra weekend and start voting on Monday the 14th, but if he's already made his arguments I think the above schedule is good.

Agreed.

We'll leave this open for others to chime in. I'm fine either way as we did get a lot covered over the past 48 hours but of course any ATD member (past or present) should feel encouraged to chime in if they desire.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Well, it appears that the discussion has wound down.

I think opening voting starting tomorrow morning and let it run through Monday night will given everyone who is planning to vote, enough time to read over the finals thread and make their decisions.

I'll send out PM's tonight if that is agreeable.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
rmartin said before that he only has time on the weekends...it looks like there was a decent amount of discussion this weekend. If rmartin has more to say, I would give him the extra weekend and start voting on Monday the 14th, but if he's already made his arguments I think the above schedule is good.

Agreed.

We'll leave this open for others to chime in. I'm fine either way as we did get a lot covered over the past 48 hours but of course any ATD member (past or present) should feel encouraged to chime in if they desire.

Well, it appears that the discussion has wound down.

I think opening voting starting tomorrow morning and let it run through Monday night will given everyone who is planning to vote, enough time to read over the finals thread and make their decisions.

I'll send out PM's tonight if that is agreeable.

Discussion has probably died down because your opponent is only available on the weekend. I think you should give him this weekend for more discussion and start voting on Monday,unless rmartin agrees otherwise, as per the above.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Discussion has probably died down because your opponent is only available on the weekend. I think you should give him this weekend for more discussion and start voting on Monday,unless rmartin agrees otherwise, as per the above.

Fair enough. We'll just plan on letting things go through Monday then and opening voting then, unless @rmartin65 says otherwise.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
@rmartin65 Thanks for chiming in my friend. If you do have any time at all and want to keep the discussion ongoing I'll be free most of tomorrow and Sunday as well.

I'll send out PM's to everyone now and let them know they can start casting their votes. There is obviously no need to rush them in as we'll keep it open through the end of Monday and if it works for Theo he can post the results Tuesday. As before, I'm sure he'll accept any vote up until the time of posting.

Reactions: Aja

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Voting is open until at least Monday?

I'll reread before voting then

Yes sir. I sent out PM's to everyone from the draft this year + tony d as he's been voting each round. Figure if we keep voting open all the way through Monday night and into early Tuesday that gives folks ample chance to take a gander at the discussions and overall material.

I mean we can always extend the period if folks chime in or we don't have a great turnout of votes say by the middle of Monday.

Reactions: Aja

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Well @Theokritos said he's received just 3 ballots so far. I think we definitely need to keep voting open at least through Tuesday at this point unless we see a major flow of votes in over the next 12 hours or so. I believe we've been consistantly getting 10-13 votes per round. It would be nice if we can get at least half the GM's to voice their choice here.

@jarek @Hawkey Town 18 @Dreakmur @TheDevilMadeMe @overpass @29GoalHoglund @Voight @Iceman @Claude The Fraud @Habsfan18 @ResilientBeast @BenchBrawl @Namba 17 @tinyzombies @Darth Yoda @kruezer @Sprague Cleghorn @VanIslander @Stoneberg @markrander87

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
With 12 ballots in, we have a decision. New York Americans defeat Pittsburgh Bankers 4-3.

Stars: Wayne Gretzky***, Brad Park**, Patrick Roy*. HMs to Ted Kennedy, Stan Mikita and Börje Salming.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
With 12 ballots in, we have a decision. New York Americans defeat Pittsburgh Bankers 4-3.

Stars: Wayne Gretzky***, Brad Park**, Patrick Roy*. HMs to Ted Kennedy, Stan Mikita and Börje Salming.

Well, not the result I expected but really glad to have been a part of this run and overall experience.

@rmartin65 Congrats buddy! You put together a great team and I appreciate the discussion we were able to get in. Thank you to everyone who voted and chimed in during the entire process. And thanks to @Theokritos for being on hand to collect votes and post results.

Cheers to another successful ATD and more in the future hopefully.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Thanks everyone! It is an honor to have won. IE, you put up a heck of a team.

Thanks to everyone who voted and participated along the way. And a big shout-out to @Theokritos , thanks for collecting and tallying the votes!

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Congrats, rmartin. I found some of the voting in earlier rounds this year really perplexing for the first time since I've ever participated in these things.

But in the end, one of the "5 or so worthy teams" I mentioned earlier won.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad