ATD2011 Red Fisher Semi: Regina Pats vs. Hartford Whalers

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
How did LD vs RD affect Heller's Allstar voting?
The one year we have data for that had Heller named, 36-37, gives him 2 votes for LD and 1 for RD out of 23 votes. 8 of 13 got votes for both LD and RD. 4 of the 5 that didn't only got 1 vote.

They seem to drop the LD/RD voting after that season from what HO posted.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
2002 Canes finals team? Wesley led that team in SHTOI, and also saw lot of use on ES. His leadership also played an important part in the 2006 Cup win.

Wesley was 4th on the team in total icetime among defensemen. If he was a "major" part then so were 9 other guys. Which is entirely possible. And which would be nothing to laugh at either. Good on him. He was good, no doubt. I respected him a lot and what he brought, and enjoyed watching him. But what he did that year was not the same as being a #1 or 2 defenseman.

I'm enjoying the arguments in this thread, but Clancy as a top ten Dman? Of all time? That's silly.

I said "potentially" - let's face it, after that #9 spot (Kelly? Robinson? Fetisov?) that #10 spot is 100% up for grabs by a number of players.

I don't think it's entirely silly to rank the 2nd best defenseman to play the game before 1950 as #10 (I may have been the one to stir the **** earlier in the draft and claim this... heh). But yeah, the Chelios/Park/Coffey trio (the "standard" picks for #10) is a tough group to crack.

TDMM is right - it's not silly. Chelios/Park/Coffey/Clancy/Cleghorn are practically even when overall values as players are considered.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I would take Salming over Clancy defensively by a tad and Salming definitely doesn't have size issues. But Clancy's offense isn't all that far behind Shore level. Salming's offense is good, not great.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Regina Pats DEFEAT Hartford Whalers in OVERTIME of Game 7.

3 STARS:
1. Bobby Clarke, HFD
2. Teemu Selanne, REG
3. Mark Messier, REG

HM's: Belfour, Clancy, Otto

This one came down to the final vote, awesome series guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad