BC, Canada
I'm in as the:

tidsha76.gif

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
seventieslord's thoughts:

- 10 teams. Nice, but I wish it was better. Any chance VI can go campaign a few well-known ATD GMs?

- Good to see Hedberg join. Love the logo!

- VCL and I have been comparing shortlists and we have determined one thing - you're all going down.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Alright, I'll join - I can either have my own team if it's alright to have an odd number of teams or if you find a twelfth team or I'd be happy to join on with someone as a co-GM.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Good to have you, Pit. A playoff system can be determined for any number of teams, even 11. 13 is nearly impossible.

11 is one of the more difficult ones, but it is far from impossible. You can just have 5 byes and have a preliminary round where you shrink the bottom six to three teams to make 8. Easy, peasy.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I can't really participate, but I could join a GM. However, and until march, my biggest contribution will probably be having my nickname besides a GM. And find a team name.

11 : No division, 8 teams in playoffs? Or Five byes.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Five byes is the way to go.

However, I will be going through the ATD10 roster thread and PMing a few GMs from there, especially the ones I havent seen around lately (becuase they may not even know the MLD is on). I'm sure at least a couple of them will join. Camperjr for example, loves this draft and wants to get in all the practice he can.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Any chance VI can go campaign a few well-known ATD GMs?
You should know me better! I had PM'd every GM from ATD10 and from several past drafts, getting many responses of "too busy" or "see you in ATD11", with some posters simply not having posted for six months so obviously not on HFBoards anymore (TheHockeyGuy18, JohnnyO).

Roughly 20 harrassing PMs sent
PM from me, offer of free ice cream, PM from you... what next? ... bustin' knees!

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
You should know me better! I had PM'd every GM from ATD10 and from several past drafts, getting many responses of "too busy" or "see you in ATD11", with some posters simply not having posted for six months so obviously not on HFBoards anymore (TheHockeyGuy18, JohnnyO).

Nope, didn't know that, but shoulda guessed :nod:

PM from me, offer of free ice cream, PM from you... what next? ... bustin' knees!

:deadhorse

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
we are NOT beating a dead horse !! (but if we do, I get to use the whip)

as for teams... we only need 8 so if we roll with 11 then three could simply not make the playoffs!

three rounds, bing bang boom (no languishing playoffs: swift and deadly)

we're getting the draft and the playoffs completely finished before the end of march

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Leave three teams out? Are you sure? We never do that.

Why not a preliminary round plus 5 byes?

Still, let's hope we get a 12th. What do we do if we get 12 teams? My vote is four byes and a preliminary round... I know it makes it 5-6 days longer, but... everyone has to make it, don't they?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I'd like to see one more team. Twelve teams works out just fine, IMO. A nice round number, and then we can look at conferences, similar to what we had in MLD 8.

I like having every team make the playoffs. We had eight of 11 make the playoffs in MLD 7, but I like it more with every team making it. It keeps everyone active that extra while longer.

Keep in mind that this is just for fun. If we were doing it the GBC way, and playing for keeps (in other words, for cash, and not just that sissy V-Cash), I'd say yeah, teams miss the playoffs. But since it's just for fun - and make no mistake about it, you're a loser if you take this thing seriously - let everyone in the playoffs. It doesn't hurt anyone.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
OK, the harassing PM did what it was intended to do, I'm in. Team name to come.
Dude, that's awesome. Welcome aboard. You, Thornton_19 and willus are the three guys I've wanted in this thing for a long time.

And welcome to Bruin_72, too. This thing's a lot of fun. MLD's more relaxed than the ATD. A little quicker, less time limit, but less trading activity, too. VanI always does a great job of running this thing.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Thursday is the last day to join !

Anybody can.

Exact number of teams doesn't matter as a team or two may not qualify for the playoffs (as per MLD7&8 rules and MLD10 rules on page1) though every team has jumped thru the hoops and qualified in the past.

I can't really participate, but I could join a GM. However, and until march, my biggest contribution will probably be having my nickname besides a GM.
MXD can still co-GM and would be valuable when it comes to finding later round steals!

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Have the players taken in ATD 10 been listed in some form other than in the roster thread?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Good deal. You were on the shortlist of guys I thought we should try to recruit from the history board. Welcome aboard and such. Hopefully, you'll enjoy the experience and come back for ATD 11.
+1. Not to spend too much time navel-gazing, but KM is one of the posters I respect the most on this board, and I'm pretty sure he'll build a pretty strong team.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Geez guys, I'm flattered with all this high praise. If I had a wife, I could probably talk about how I get more respect in here than at home.

My first act as general manager will be to name MXD as my co-GM. In honour of my favorite player ever, Igor Ulanov, I've decided to name my team the Yaroslavl Manglers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad