ATD 2020 Draft Thread V

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I was hoping to assassinate every team by the weekend, but that obviously won't happen. With the current state of the world, I find myself needing to take several days in a row away from the internet entirely.

I should be able to finish the Jim Coleman though.

If these threads look to still be active other than my tardy self, I wouldn't mind pushing back voting another week. But obviously don't do it just for me.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
We can start the 2 week voting period tomorrow. Let folks have the rest of a nice Sunday here in the West to finish up any last assassinations (I'm going to do at least 1 more tonight and maybe 2).

Sound good for all?

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
We can start the 2 week voting period tomorrow. Let folks have the rest of a nice Sunday here in the West to finish up any last assassinations (I'm going to do at least 1 more tonight and maybe 2).

Sound good for all?

2 weeks seems like an awfully long voting window. A week for regular season voting should be more than sufficient.

Basically, during the voting window, discussion more or less ceases.

If we're not in a hurry to start the playoffs, I'd rather push off the start of regular season voting.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Everyone, I'm about ready for sleep. I'll start sending out the first wave of voting PM's today about noon. We can then let it run for 7 days (05/04 to 05/11).

This is the regular season voting for the few who may not have been with us in years past.

Rank each team, in each division 1 through 5. Once we determine the regular season pecking order we then move to seeding the playoffs and voting there.

@Theokritos Are you still willing to be the point man on tallying up votes?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I'm having a massive brain fart right now.

Do we vote on just our own divisions as far as the regular season goes or everyone?

We vote on every division, in both conferences, ranking each 1 to 5 as we see fit. At least that’s how I understand it.

We are all placing our own teams #1 of course. However, once playoffs roll around we can no longer vote for our own team.

That’s how I understand the process anyways.

Reactions: Namba 17

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
We vote on every division, in both conferences, ranking each 1 to 5 as we see fit. At least that’s how I understand it.

We are all placing our own teams #1 of course. However, once playoffs roll around we can no longer vote for our own team.

That’s how I understand the process anyways.

Thanks! That's what I thought but then I started second guessing myself and ended up sending obsolete PM's to the Robson and Hewitt division teams telling them to vote on their own divisions only. I told myself that didn't make any sense haha.

Reactions: Habsfan18

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
How does it work for Van and I again? We can each vote but separately they count for 0.5..correct? They then become a single vote total when combining both of our votes?

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
How does it work for Van and I again? We can each vote but separately they count for 0.5..correct? They then become a single vote total when combining both of our votes?

Yes. That is correct. For the regular season.

In the playoffs, you can't vote on your own series, so your individual votes count the same as anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habsfan18

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I forfeit my half vote and give it to ny co-gm. Please count his 100%.

I will simply wait for playoff threads when my vote counts equal to everyone else's.

(How f'n jaded to mandate a 50% reduction of value of a GMs vote due to the possibility of collusion.)

I thought about submitting a joint vote with my co-GM to simply try and offset the 50% pion vote. But i decided to opt out.

My co-gm will 100% vote for us.

I will vote once my vote counts 100% (in the playoffs, other series, since no one votes for their own series).

G'day.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I forfeit my half vote and give it to ny co-gm. Please count his 100%.

I will simply wait for playoff threads when my vote counts equal to everyone else's.

(How f'n jaded to mandate a 50% reduction of value of a GMs vote due to the possibility of collusion.)

I thought about submitting a joint vote with my co-GM to simply try and offset the 50% pion vote. But i decided to opt out.

My co-gm will 100% vote for us.

I will vote once my vote counts 100% (in the playoffs, other series, since no one votes for their own series).

G'day.

It's always been like that since my first ATD in 2014

Reactions: rmartin65

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad