ATD 2018 Sign Up Thread

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
TDMM's participation makes me a more likely participant, but I'm most likely out this time.

Last year was just a perfect storm of a situation allowing me to be in the ATD and give it the best possible effort. I don't have that same luxury this time.

Don't rule out me changing my mind at the last minute, or joining up with someone after it starts.

I may be looking for a co/assistant GM, if you do participate.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
amarillo_bulls.jpg

My team this year will be the Amarillo Bulls.

Reactions: VanIslander

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
This is where we are now with 24 teams:

29GoalHoglund - Brampton Beavers
BenchBrawl - Montreal Canadiens
BlueBull - Vancouver Millionares
Claude the Fraud
Darth Yoda
Iceman
ImporterExporter - Pittsburgh Bankers
jarek
Johnny Engine - Guards Athletic Association
kruezer - Seattlle Metropolitans
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
Namba 17 - Portage Lakes Hockey Club
overpass - Ottawa Senators
papershoes - Kenora Thistles
ResilientBeast - Edmonton Oilers
rmartin65 - New York Americans
Sprague Cleghorn - Algerie
Stoneberg/markrander87
TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
tinyzombies - N.D.G. Maroons
TorontoTrades
VanIslander - Worcester Railers
Velociraptor - HC Kunlun Red Star
Voight - Amarillo Bulls

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The sign-up period should last until AT LEAST January 11th based on the fact that many take the rest of the NYD's week off as well for trips and stuff. Life doesn't get back to normal until Monday, January 8th.

Usually we start the draft toward the latter end of January.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
So with(maybe) 22 people already, I am guessing we end up around 30. Just off of last year's list, monster_bertuzzi, Dreakmur, Hawkey Town 18, chaosrevolver, tony d, markrander97, stoneberg, JFA-66-99, King Forsberg, Cyborg Yzerman, Cyborg Leclair, seventieslord, Madarcand, Edmonton Express (who is now known by another name, I believe), Yosemite Samm, broad, and ck26 are yet to sign up. Thats 17 names. Assuming even just half sign up, there is 30. Ideally we get to 32, I guess, if we want to try the 8 division thing (which I like).

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
As soon as the new years gets here I can send out reminder PM's. I think January 14th is a good date to end sign ups. That gives us another 2 weeks and ends the process on a Sunday. We can starting voting on the rules the first week of Januray and hopefully start drafting by the 15th or 22nd.

I think we'll hit 30-32 rather easily given some of the names that have yet to sign up.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Time for my announcement: Unfortunately I have decided to not take part in the ATD this year. It's been something I have been mulling over in the past but I've decided to bow out. I always enjoyed doing these, got to meet all kinds of cool people and find out great info about different players. If you guys need someone to help collect votes I'll gladly do that but I will not be taking part in the draft aspect of these. Also any GM who wants my opinion on a certain player, feel free to contact me, I've gotten great help from that in the past. Good luck to all GM's this year.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Time for my announcement: Unfortunately I have decided to not take part in the ATD this year. It's been something I have been mulling over in the past but I've decided to bow out. I always enjoyed doing these, got to meet all kinds of cool people and find out great info about different players. If you guys need someone to help collect votes I'll gladly do that but I will not be taking part in the draft aspect of these. Also any GM who wants my opinion on a certain player, feel free to contact me, I've gotten great help from that in the past. Good luck to all GM's this year.

That's a shame, especially after having build what was probably your strongest team last year.Hope you come back eventually.In the meantime, happy 2018 to you tony.

Reactions: tony d

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
As I figured earlier, I can't commit to running a team alone - would love to be an assistant GM to provide someone ideas to bounce off of every once in a while though.

@seventieslord if you decide to run a team last minute I want first dibs with helping you out. It's probably been almost a decade since we last teamed up - let's do a reunion of the dream team!!

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I got a PM saying drafts starts Mon. 15th. I'm good with that. I'll be back in Canada Jan. 10th.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm wondering how many folks simply faded away after the move to the current format? I know many didn't care for it. Sign ups have come to a screeching halt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad