ATD 2018 Sign Up Thread

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I don't expect much action for the next little while in here but may as well start it now.

Count me in.

Teams: 15

29GoalHoglund - Brampton Beavers
BenchBrawl - Montreal Canadiens
BlueBull - Vancouver Millionares
Claude the Fraud - Winnipeg Jets
Darth Yoda
Iceman
ImporterExporter - Pittsburgh Bankers
jarek
Johnny Engine - Guards Athletic Association
kruezer - Seattlle Metropolitans
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
Namba 17 - Portage Lakes Hockey Club
overpass - Ottawa Senators
papershoes - Kenora Thistles
ResilientBeast - Edmonton Oilers
rmartin65 - New York Americans
Sprague Cleghorn - Algerie
Stoneberg/markrander87
TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
tinyzombies - N.D.G. Maroons
TorontoTrades - Port Stanley Sailors
VanIslander - Worcester Railers
Velociraptor - HC Kunlun Red Star
Voight - Amarillo Bulls

(Underlining new gms)

Last edited by a moderator:

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I thought you were quitting the boards IE :P

I'll be in again of course. My workload is about to drop so I'll be able to start building stickies soon again

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I thought you were quitting the boards IE :P

I'll be in again of course. My workload is about to drop so I'll be able to start building stickies soon again

570-pacino.gif

Reactions: Iceman

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Alright.. so don't join then until the rules are decided.. lol.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Time to bring up some of the stuff we brought up mid draft last draft rather than wait until we get going again?

Reactions: jarek

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Yep, this is a heavy undertaking. Please don't take the ATD lightly. It goes on for months. But I am encouraged to see new faces. Hopefully that eliminates the need for any 2 teams per GM nonsense ;)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Nice to see new blood.

I used to think otherwise, but now I believe the rewards of accepting all rookies, without any condition, exceeds the risks of losing a GM mid-draft.Worst case scenario, a rookie GM disappear mid-draft, we try to find a replacement and fail, his team dies and his players were just dead picks.So what? Not the end of the world.It's worth it if we can gain new regulars that way.

Reactions: VanIslander

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Now that we're back at the History Board (finally, after a decade apart) we should see more newbies. :nod:

I'll manage the newest professional hockey team, the ECHL's first ever franchise in Massachusetts, the Worcester Railers. One of the team's alternate captains is a cousin of 1000+ game NHLer Daymond Langkow and their starting netminder is 23-year-old New York Islanders prospect Eamon McAdam (early 3rd rounder in 2013 who had jumped to the NCAA for a few years before signing an NHL entry-level contract). Also, Matt Gaudreau - the younger brother of Calgary Flames' Johnny Gaudreau - has 4 goals in 10 games for the team this season.

WorcesterRailers.png

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Nice to see some new faces

For you two new faces just remember the ATD is a marathon not a sprint we've had some flakey new gms. Not that I expect that to happen again, just making sure you guys are aware.

And don't forget to ask for help. So many times first year GMs pick a player they could have had many rounds later, which could have been prevented by sending out a couple of PMs.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad