ATD 2012 - Draft Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
Stop being so good at drafting BBS. Make some mistakes. I know you're watching the Pens right now, just make a quick brain fart. lol

:laugh: actually I missed a bit since that just god awful no goal call to start us off thinking about my pick. I wasn't gonna pick Blake as I didn't think he was BDA but figured it'd be easier to find the defensive-minded guy later than vice verse. Plus my team was looking a bit soff.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Because Lindros is very injury prone

I like the Blake pick more than the Lindros one.Lindros is hard to rank.

Rob Blake has a lot of weapons.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Because Lindros is very injury prone and only have 2 top 10 pts finishes I believe? One his best being a half season.Probably why.He's a great player no doubt but he's not clearly ahead of other centers available.

I like the Blake pick more than the Lindros one.Lindros is hard to rank.

That type of physical dominance and oozing skill level is rivaled by only a very select few though, even if his time in the sun was brief.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
So that's a lot of coincidence still , even if I want to disregard it.He got nothing in those other years , just very good seasons worthy of being a high pick , but never like he is now.Is it Oates? Maybe not , but you have to wonder.

The main reason Oates was able to replicate his stats is he went from Hull to Neely to Bondra. He always had a top notch trigger man and to his credit he always got the best from them.

Hull meanwhile goes from Oates to Janney, where he still put up big seasons, to a bunch of nobodies for a couple years and then handful of games with Gretzky and a season or two of Turgeon where they both missed games.

I mean the Hull scored 43 goals in 70 games (~50 goal pace) in 95-96 and the highest scoring C on the Blues was Adam Creighton with 21 points!

And then in Dallas and Detroit, Hull was past his goal scoring prime and had to buy into more defense.

Anyways enough about this..

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Maybe I should go forward here, but offense from the back end is still offense. With pick #130 Inglewood selects a nasty, physical defender with dominant offensive abilities. Multiple high scoring finishes among all players, coming as high as 2nd overall in league scoring. Pretty darn good in his own end too. He's a great start to my second pairing, and between him and Leetch I'll have plenty of pop from the back end no matter which pairing is on the ice.

George "Buck" Boucher

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
lol, it is downplayed. He is punished mightily for his lack of longevity. Eric Lindros at his peak is better than half the C's picked so far.

Yes he is , but his peak included skating with his head down.In this league , concussions to his head is a certainty :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad