ATD 2011 Draft Thread XI - The Aftermath

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
I think playoff performance can also give a guide to how a player would perform in the entire ATD - regular season too. The NHL playoffs are, like the ATD, a higher level of competition (except for some of those old Norris division series). So a player who steps it up in the playoffs - say Sergei Fedorov - may also have a game that translates well to the ATD.

Sample size is an issue for most players, of course.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I think Glenn Anderson is a much better example to compare to Joe Thornton, and I think in the playoffs, a case can be made that Anderson = Thornton.

Glenn Anderson's production actually drops a little bit in the play-offs. I would assume the league averge drops a little more, but it's not a big difference either way.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Voting template: (I'll be PMing this too)

Regina Pats vs. Hartford Whalers
Winner & # of games:
3 stars:

Mcguire's Monsters vs. Philadelphia Firebirds
Winner & # of games:
3 stars:

New Jersey Swamp Devils vs. Guelph Storm
Winner & # of games:
3 stars:

Ottawa Senators vs. Halifax Mooseheads
Winner & # of games:
3 stars:

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Sorry I couldn't provide analysis for each of the series recaps guys, I'm in the midst of moving and could only squeeze an hour in between packing stuff and heading to the gym. If someone else could make the series threads, I'd appreciate it.

Jim Coleman Conference Final: Regina Pats vs. McGuire's Monsters

Red Fisher Conference Final: New Jersey Swamp Devils vs. Ottawa Senators

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Voting PMs were sent earlier today. Everyone please vote - especially eliminated GMs. It's important that this doesn't turn into a forum where the six people who still care, decide the fate of the remaining teams.

also, not sure if it really matters or if anyone cares, but home ice advantage in the semifinals belonged to Regina and to New Jersey.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Voting PMs were sent earlier today. Everyone please vote - especially eliminated GMs. It's important that this doesn't turn into a forum where the six people who still care, decide the fate of the remaining teams.

also, not sure if it really matters or if anyone cares, but home ice advantage in the semifinals belonged to Regina and to New Jersey.

Didn't get a PM...Who's collecting votes?

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
For some reason I cant post on the ATD chat room thread, anyways im curious if anybody can post the Selke voting records for the past couple years.

And if you plan on posting that stupid "Go to Google" post save it i've briefly tried and I am swamped at work and would like the luxury of simply clicking on the link.

Thanks

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
sorry i missed votes last time. i have had flu for about 1 week.

For some reason I cant post on the ATD chat room thread, anyways im curious if anybody can post the Selke voting records for the past couple years.

And if you plan on posting that stupid "Go to Google" post save it i've briefly tried and I am swamped at work and would like the luxury of simply clicking on the link.

Thanks
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=145895&page=5

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=14396011&postcount=178
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=19974659&postcount=232
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=26459150&postcount=287

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
I'm accepting votes until 9 PM ET, I encourage everyone who hasn't voted to vote.

Also, what happened to Cognition? His username was changed to "Derick" and now has an asterisk next to his name. I assume he was banned? because he is one of the most frequent posters on the main boards.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Also, what happened to Cognition? His username was changed to "Derick" and now has an asterisk next to his name. I assume he was banned? because he is one of the most frequent posters on the main boards.

Looks like he'd been banned in the past as "Derick" and they caught his new account.

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
Looks like he'd been banned in the past as "Derick" and they caught his new account.

Huh...I always assumed Derick and Cognition were the same guy, but thought he just changed his username. He was discussing his GA/30 stat on TCG's site as Derick, and then posted it over here as Cognition.

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
Nemesis caught quite a few similarities to his old account. Looks like he was telling the truth when he said he wouldn't be back.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm accepting votes until 9 PM ET, I encourage everyone who hasn't voted to vote.

If you don't get at least 15-16 votes, I think you should hold off until tomorrow.

And yes, apparently Cognition used to be called Derick, and now he/they are banned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad