ATD 2011 Draft Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Perhaps one of the greatest quote I've read in a long time. It's from an undrafted players, but the quote itself is hilarious:

Once during a tense, rough and brawling hockey game, courageous xxx, one of the tiniest players in the National Hockey League, lost his temper and tangled with big tough defenseman Fernie Flaman, one of the most feared battling sluggers in the league. As they grappled, shoulder to shoulder, pint-sized xxx suddenly shouted a warning at his huge opponent who outweighed him by more than fifty pounds:

"Watch out, Fernie, or I'll bleed all over you!"

---

How about helping a divisional team!

Hockey Sports Stars of 1973

- ''But this may surprise you, pound for pound, little Henri Richard is as good as any (fighter).'' - Referee Matt Pavelich

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Reuniting Carey Price and Jaroslav Halak would be huge for your team!

Let's face it , guys like Roy and Hasek are way over 40 now , maybe it'll smart to draft a goalie in his 20s , not sure the old bones could compete with him !

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Let's face it , guys like Roy and Hasek are way over 40 now , maybe it'll smart to draft a goalie in his 20s , not sure the old bones could compete with him !

That's definitely the spirit of the ATD: old is overrated :P

---

I don't know why I keep finding incident between Fern Flaman and Henri Richard:

(Flaman) once nearly killed Montreal's Henri Richard with a devastating, but legal body check during a game at Boston Garden. - Who's Who in Hockey

----

There ya go Sturm!

http://books.google.com/books?id=wesZ8N5yz6wC&pg=PA6&dq=anatoli+firsov&hl=fr&ei=yQpYTcL-AoOmvQPu67XTBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAjgK#v=onepage&q=anatoli%20firsov&f=false

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I still don't understand how you guys research on google , all those google books or things like that , never used, that would help me doing bios on Gretzky , Lidstrom , Konstantinov , McDonald & Savard !

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
Reen, Sports Illustrated's SI Vault can be a good source for postexpansion stars. They definitely have a lot on Gretzky,and should have stuff on Lidstrom and Konstantinov from the playoffs at least. They are particularly good for quotes from players and coaches.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Reen, Sports Illustrated's SI Vault can be a good source for postexpansion stars. They definitely have a lot on Gretzky,and should have stuff on Lidstrom and Konstantinov from the playoffs at least. They are particularly good for quotes from players and coaches.

can I find this on the internet or is it the magazines?

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
He should have listened to me last night when I told him to leave a list.. :/

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Well , since you're a bio maniac , feel free to do all my bios :sarcasm:

I have had all the free time in the world in the last 25 days, as my only plans are taking 2-3 hours per day finding a job and 1-2 hours a day learning Spanish. My biography are eating almost all the rest of my days. I probably took about 100 hours writing down 4 and a half biography. I really don't have the time, nor want, to do anymore biographies!

Good night all (3AM in here!)

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I wanted these picks from Nighthawks... I made him a very lucrative offer. We had been in talks for a while but he didn't even reply to my last PM... kinda strange that he's just going to blow them now, by not being here.

Nighthawks: When you get back, I'll still take them at the same value as long as the guys I'm after are around.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
In hindsight, my trade with Nighthawks was a huge loss for me, I think. I could have gotten Belfour or Gardiner or something with the last pick I used to have, and then I would have had two huge steals here instead of just one.. D:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He probably got drunk yesterday and is now sick in his bed vomitting all over the place !!!

This is my theory

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
The Guelph Platers select 50 goal/100 point scorer and special teams standout:

Rick Middleton

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
ANY POSTER WHO PLANS ON PICKING IN THE NEXT 10-15 PICKS THAT MAY BE IN/OUT WITHIN THE NEXT FEW HOURS PLEASE SEND LISTS TO ME.

I'm home for the next 6 hours, and I'd like to pick tonight ;)

But really, we can make up for some lost progress over the last 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad