Speculation: At what hypothetical point does Lindy get fired?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
End of season. I believe Pegula will have to step in at the end of the season and force Regiers hand. Regier won't do it on his own. At that point Pegula will have seen Ruff up close and personal for two full seasons.

But I won't hold my breath

sabrescupchamps2099

Baseball season!
Dec 30, 2011
Buffalo, New York
I voted 8 of next 10.

With the shortened season Buf couldn't afford to lose 8 of the next 10. (if that happens; which I hope not)

In reality though I see his job on the line at the end of the season if Buf doesn't make the playoffs again.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
End of the season. Sabres could lose the rest of the season and Darcy won't fire Ruff mid-season out of respect for him.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
End of season at earliest, but even that is a long shot. Darcy and Terry love Lindy too much to let him go mid-season. I'm convinced we could lose 20 in a row and he'd still be here.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I doubt that Ruff will get fired no matter how awful this season is. The collective assessment will be that this is a young roster in transition, and that all the pieces aren't in place yet or fully developed. I will lose all patience, cancel Center Ice and wait another couple seasons until he's finally replaced, and hope a friend clues me in before the next season starts.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
Until he dies of old age, in which case his son will take over. I think that's how dictatorships work at least.

Endless Ike

Jul 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
When do people just start booing him, and showing up with bags on their head? I think that will do more than any losing streak.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
end of the year, if they fire him. Problem is, it would have to come from pegula, and he seems to be just as enamored with ruff as regier is...

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
It's a business. Pegula can't be that far up Ruff's ass that he lets this carry on for an entire season... right?

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
I honestly think that Ruff will finish the season, and maybe not even be fired then. I just can't imagine him not behind the bench with his arms crossed and his mustache quivering. Status quo for life, I guess.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
"At one point does Lindy get fired?"

When the sun rises in the West and set in the East.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm worried that this is Regier's shot to call, and he'll be too loyal to make the proper move at the right time this year (which is now).

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
It's a business. Pegula can't be that far up Ruff's ass that he lets this carry on for an entire season... right?

If people keep buying tickets, merchandiser, ect., then the business side doesn't matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad