Prospect Info: At 26th Overall, the Wild Select Carson Lambos

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Will be interesting how this one develops. Has nearly everything you are wanting in a current NHL defender outside of the big slap shot from the point. Looks very much in the mold of what Dumba currently is.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Another pick I'm really happy with us making. Good value for a late round 1st and adds another solid LD prospect to the pipeline.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
When BPA fills a need, you have to be happy. I think we got that with both of our picks

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is he eligible for the AHL this year after playing Europe?
I'm not sure about this past year, but normally, if you start off playing in the CHL, then the rule still applies, even if you go off to Europe.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The thing about this Lambos kid that exites me the most is his athleticism. Look at how good of a skater he is now and that fact that he’s nowhere near filled out. He’s gonna be so explosive when he’s 21 and 22. He’s an absolute lock-down defender, too

Reactions: AKL

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Not that I’m trying to compare these two; I don’t think Lambos is as skilled, but:

Theodore: 2013, 26th OA pick, D-1: 35 points in 70 games in WHL

Lambos: 2021, 26th OA pick, D-1: 32 points in 57 WHO games

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I really like this pick. He seems like a player who dropped from a top 5-10 pick for really no reason.

I will say that I watched his WHL highlights and then watched Addison’s to get an idea of what Addison looked like at that level and compare the skating/offensive ability. Addison is a more mobile skater and has better puck skills and playmaking ability forsure. Lambos seems like he can actually be somewhat of a shut down D as well where Addison seems like a bottom 4 pairing / PP QB type of player.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I’d say Lambos and O’Rourke have a decent shot of playing in the WJC this year. If Power plays in the NHL, they both have decent chances of being in the top 6. Hunt has an outside shot too

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
He dropped down to health reasons and not being able to translate his play over to the SHL well.

I know why he dropped. Lots of players get injured, I don’t think his injuries look like they will impact his long term output in any way. I’m also not convinced that the “issues” he had in the SHL aren’t overblown. He still put up a ton of points and had solid numbers. Even IF he’s not suited to play as well on the bigger ice, he won’t be playing on that ice in the NHL so I’m not sure why you’d knock him for that.

I think the league may have overthought the Lambos concerns and the Wild may have gotten a steal.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Anyone suspect him being on the roster in 2 years? This year back to the WHL with a stint in the AHL. Next year on the roster?

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Minnesota did well in the draft then selected Lambo. Was kind of shocked considering who was available at that pick. At least was not real off the wall pick

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Minnesota did well in the draft then selected Lambo. Was kind of shocked considering who was available at that pick. At least was not real off the wall pick
What? If anything, I believe he was projected to go higher based on skill. Dropped due to health factors (COVID).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad