Prospect Info: At 26th Overall, the Wild Select Carson Lambos

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
It was a difficult season for Carson Lambos. When the start of the WHL season was delayed due to Covid-19, the young defender went to Finland and played in the JYP system. He played just two games and limited ice-time for the big club but got in plenty of time with their junior squads. Lambos had two goals and nine assists for 11 points in the J20 league. He also added three assists in two games in the J18 League. Lambos returned home when the WHL season got underway this spring. However, he played just two games for the Winnipeg Ice before suffering a season-ending injury.

The second overall pick in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft, Lambos had a solid rookie season with Winnipeg in 2019-20. He scored eight goals and 24 assists for 32 points in 57 games. Lambos also played for Team Canada White at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He put up five assists in six games and was named to the tournament All-Star Team. His older brother, Jonny Lambos, is also in the WHL, playing defence for the Brandon Wheat Kings.

2021 NHL Draft #13: Carson Lambos Scouting Report

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Eh, rather have had Mackie or Raty but Lambos isn't a bad prize. He was considered a top 10 pick earlier in the season, but had struggled this season.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Eh, rather have had Mackie or Raty but Lambos isn't a bad prize. He was considered a top 10 pick earlier in the season, but had struggled this season.
sounds like he had some health issues this year and those are now resolved. Might have gotten a steal with this kid.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Well we got back a Carson after losing one. Carson quotient is back in equilibrium.

Pretty good value for a guy a lot of folks had in the top 15.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
This is what I said about him in January:

2. Carson Lambos, LD- He was really close to being number 1 for me. I love this player. Tremendous skater with excellent lateral mobility. He has end to end rushes every game that leave you mesmerized, and the way he walks the blue line is freakish. Not to mention, he's the best defender defensively in this draft. I was also very impressed with his ability to get shots through traffic. He can develop into a number one defensman if things go smoothly, but I have no doubt he ends up on the top pair for whoever drafts him.

had him at 6th last week in the draft thread. I’m down a bit due OT her players impressing more, but I really like this player

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guys drafted out of European leagues were already eligible from the start. Just not sure what the arrangement was because he was supposed to play in Canada.

He also did technically play in Canada too.

My gut tells me, because he was just on loan to the Finnish team, that he's under CHL rules, but I can't say for certain. I wonder if Lambos and/or the Wild would prefer him in Finland though.

Reactions: Jeffrey Pedler

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He also did technically play in Canada too.

My gut tells me, because he was just on loan to the Finnish team, that he's under CHL rules, but I can't say for certain. I wonder if Lambos and/or the Wild would prefer him in Finland though.
Yeah, nothing stopping him from going to Finland.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Guys drafted out of European leagues were already eligible from the start. Just not sure what the arrangement was because he was supposed to play in Canada.

When the CHL started those players were supposed to come home and play there last year. To my limited understanding of the deal is it for the players that spent significant time in their parent (rights held/signed) NHL/AHL club.

I don't see how someone that had yet to be drafted falls into that group. Plus the CHL will fight tooth and nail to keep all "their" guys unless they are in the NHL for their slide year. Getting someone like O'Rourke out of the CHL and playing for the AHL next year is a huge change from CHL policy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad