Prospect Info: At 109 the Flames take Adam Ruzicka

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don’t want to be a downer about this kid, but I have pretty modest expectations. I think he’s more of a project than Jankowski was with maybe a lesser ceiling. His consistency is a legit concern for me. However he’s a 4th round pick, if he didn’t have these issues he would have been picked in the 1st round. For a 4th round pick, there’s lots of reason to like this kid, a lot like Mangiapane. If he ends up as an NHL player, you take that all day. I just don’t really have much hope that ends up being more than a 3C.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I don’t want to be a downer about this kid, but I have pretty modest expectations. I think he’s more of a project than Jankowski was with maybe a lesser ceiling. His consistency is a legit concern for me. However he’s a 4th round pick, if he didn’t have these issues he would have been picked in the 1st round. For a 4th round pick, there’s lots of reason to like this kid, a lot like Mangiapane. If he ends up as an NHL player, you take that all day. I just don’t really have much hope that ends up being more than a 3C.

I agree with this. At worst though a little hype might give him some trade value. If he can be a good AHLer that would be great too because Stockton has been kind of trash of late

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
He has the physical tools and talent to become Kevin Hayes 2.0. The skating, hands, and all around offensive abilities are potentially at that level. If he can take the consistency he found in Sudbury and harness that we could have a very good NHL player.

His talent has never been questioned as he has been hyped for a long time and was a projected first rounder for a while prior to his draft season.

This will be a very interesting and telling season in Stockton for a handful of guys we have in the system. Ruzicka tops that list. He could either flop completely or put in the effort needed to realize his upside - only time will tell.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hopefully he uses his size and plays with more compete than our other big boys, jankowski and monahan

But from what I have seen/ heard so far, he fits in perfectly with the gentle giant club

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad