Prospect Info: At 109 the Flames take Adam Ruzicka

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Haven't been paying much attention to who's left because of the Hamonic trade, but there has to be better players than Ruzicka.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Haven't been paying much attention to who's left because of the Hamonic trade, but there has to be better players than Ruzicka.
He was ranked top 80 pretty much everywhere and we got him at 109, not sure how many guys available would be better at that point

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
But Jost is a bad skater, right? You should talk.

Huh what are you talking about?

Like how Andersson has a low ceiling, right? Yeah pretty sure the Rangers just basically traded Stepan and Raanta for him :laugh:

Or that I was one of the few posters that actually kept bringing up Valimaki. Hmmm

Or that I was higher on Tkachuk than any of you guys (I'm pretty sure you were one of them) that were calling him a 'complimentary player'

Guess I got those just from my thoughts in my head hey?

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Yeah because you ahve access to all the same things as them, so you obviously can make just as informed of a decision :thumbu:

Lol. Never said I did, but I'm not going to take other people's rankings as gospel like everyone else on here.

I was unaware that the order players are picked always turns out to be the exact same as the success they have in the NHL.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Huh what are you talking about?

Like how Andersson has a low ceiling, right? Yeah pretty sure the Rangers just basically traded Stepan and Raanta for him :laugh:

Or that I was one of the few posters that actually kept bringing up Valimaki. Hmmm

Or that I was higher on Tkachuk than any of you guys (I'm pretty sure you were one of them) that were calling him a 'complimentary player'

Guess I got those just from my thoughts in my head hey?

Don't pretend you didn't claim Jost was a bad skater. :laugh:

Klimchuk too.

If you can't even evaluate skating correctly how can I take any of your other evaluations seriously?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Lol. Never said I did, but I'm not going to take other people's rankings as gospel like everyone else on here.

I was unaware that the order players are picked always turns out to be the exact same as the success they have in the NHL.
I'm not saying to take something as gospel, but complaining about guys you've probably seen once or twice is pretty pointless and just complaining for the sake of complaining

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Don't pretend you didn't claim Jost was a bad skater. :laugh:

Klimchuk too.

If you can't even evaluate skating correctly how can I take any of your other evaluations seriously?

Maybe I did. I saw Jost maybe 2 games. It's hard to make a complete judgement in two games of u-18 that have like 40 prospects to watch.
I make mistakes. That said I generally am right, even when I go against the Internet consensus.

However, I also have said that both Ferland and Kulak were huge risers. We ranked them around or below 25 and I said they both should be top prospects. Why? Because they were head and shoulders above most of our other mid-late picks in one attribute. Skating. and I think time has proven me right in that regard. Both are elite skaters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad