At 100th Overall The Stars Take Adam Mascherin

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
f*** yeah mother f***er

we got our robby fabbri 4 drafts later bitches

Mascherin-is-eager-for-his-first-OHL-matchup-vs.-St.-Louis-Blues-first-rounder-Robby-Fabbri-Aaron-Bell-OHL-Images.jpg

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
His shot is unreal wow. Finally someone in our system with a wicked shot

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If he’s so great, why did he get drafted lower than before when he was less of a known commodity?

He's a risk for sure and is already 20 years old too. Hope he signs with the Stars. His shot is what has me so hyped up though, players with that power don't come around too often and he easily has one of the best shots in the draft. If he reaches his potential he could be a 30+ goal scorer in the NHL easily. Like I said though, teams were definitely not going to spend anything above a 4th rounder to draft him considering he may not sign again. He is close to NHL ready as well which is good but that's obvious considering he's already 20. We shall see what he can do in the AHL this upcoming season and maybe he will serve as a call-up. Just really hope he works out because if he does he could he a huge steal

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
The reason he went in the 4th is because he’s 20 and would be set to become a free agent . It’s the same as trading for a player who is gonna be a UFA , even if it’s a good player you only trade mid to low round picks because he may not sign .

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
He was a second round pick who developed really well the past two years. The only knocks against him compared to his peers in this draft class is his size (which isn't a factor, because he's built like a tank) and the fact he's 20 (which shouldn't matter because he's been lights out these past two years).

I think you could honestly pencil him in on the second line next year and get a >0.5ppg season out of him. He's an outstanding player.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He was a second round pick who developed really well the past two years. The only knocks against him compared to his peers in this draft class is his size (which isn't a factor, because he's built like a tank) and the fact he's 20 (which shouldn't matter because he's been lights out these past two years).

I think you could honestly pencil him in on the second line next year and get a >0.5ppg season out of him. He's an outstanding player.

With his shot it would not surprise me at all if he turns out to be a consistent 20+ goal scorer in the NHL. If he plays with talent maybe even more. Personally have more confidence in him than I do Jason Robertson, although I hope he likes it here and actually wants to sign here.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
With his shot it would not surprise me at all if he turns out to be a consistent 20+ goal scorer in the NHL. If he plays with talent maybe even more. Personally have more confidence in him than I do Jason Robertson, although I hope he likes it here and actually wants to sign here.

Robertson is still the better player, in my opinion. They both had similar stat-lines/opportunities this year, but Robertson generated ~50 more shots on goal. It can't be understated how good Jason Robertson is at generating offensive chances.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Robertson is still the better player, in my opinion. They both had similar stat-lines/opportunities this year, but Robertson generated ~50 more shots on goal. It can't be understated how good Jason Robertson is at generating offensive chances.

With his speed and all he just worries me. Mascherin isn't really fast either though but he reminds me of Tarasenko/Kessel (despite them probably being faster, or at least Kessel is). Robertson...not really sure who he reminds me of honestly. Got any good comparables? I still like him a lot though and hope he turns out into a good top 6 guy for us in the next couple of years

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
With his speed and all he just worries me. Mascherin isn't really fast either though but he reminds me of Tarasenko/Kessel (despite them probably being faster, or at least Kessel is). Robertson...not really sure who he reminds me of honestly. Got any good comparables? I still like him a lot though and hope he turns out into a good top 6 guy for us in the next couple of years
I’m hopeful for him but not as high on Robertson as everyone else .Hes fairly one dimensional and needs to add some tools or his big wrist shot is gonna be useless to him his first couple years pro IMO.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013

Corey Perry (without the bullshit) isn’t a bad comparison for Robertson

Reactions: Starry Knight

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
One thing that hasn’t been discussed about Mascherin is that he is by far the biggest offensive contributor on the Rangers.

2016/17 - 40 points over the next highest scorer.

2017/18 - 21 points over the next highest scorer.

It’s clear that the Stars are taking the most talented players on bad teams (same as Dellandra).

Should be interesting to see how he does in the pros.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Mascherin and Calderone will give Texas some interesting scoring wingers for next season. Hopefully a big youth movement for Texas next year with Caamano coming in as well.

dont forget Heiskanen after he isnt able to crack it in the big leagues

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Is he NHL ready for next year? I don't know Mascherin but scares me his drop in production this year

14 less points but scored 5 more goals which is good. I've seen most saying he is not NHL ready but could be a call-up option/possibly a training camp surprise.

Reactions: joshik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad