Asst. Coach Matt Shaw Leaving for USHL Job

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Maybe whoever the new coach is will take Kovy off the point and down to the left circle. Not sure why this hasn't been done yet consistently but Kovy would kill it down there.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
unless this means robinson returning (and it doesn't) i dont really care either.

we need someone who can develop young defensemen. THAT would prove much more valuable in the long run. **** the powerplay

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Not that would change anything but I want the Canucks PP coach, Brown. He just got fired. :rolstonwink:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe whoever the new coach is will take Kovy off the point and down to the left circle. Not sure why this hasn't been done yet consistently but Kovy would kill it down there.

That's probably beyond any assistant coach's pay grade. Just like Marty's workload was beyond any head coach's pay grade way back when. With our left/right philosophy he'd be taken off the point to play in the right circle anyway. I'd rather him be at the point than on the right boards lol

The PP wasn't Shaw's fault but he just made a bad situation worse with the endless circling system.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I don't think the coach has nearly as much to do with it as much as the personnel he's given.

But that being said, I'm leaning towards being happy with this development.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Somewhere out there Bleedred is going to have a massive party :laugh:

Thank you Based God.

That is why he isn't in here yet, he is so busy getting blasted at his Shaw is gone party.

I read Chedda's post, and then SQ and busted out laughing. I don't know why but I just did.

I'm at work during the day, and post when things are slow. I been busy the last hour while this was developing. I'm glad it wasn't Barr though. I had a gut feeling it was gonna be Shaw. I knew it wouldn't be Stevens, but I had a feeling it would be Shaw. TG as well as many of you thought it would be Barr because he had experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad