GDT: Assorted Cutlery Vs Electoral College - 2pm

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hey Tage Thompsson. was the first Sabres 50 goal scorer in 25 years, according to them
FB_IMG_1689720327851.jpg

"Really?"

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
I don't know if he's a top 4, but he plays a clean simple game that you need. His future doesn't include PP time but a nice piece like Tony Lydman who can play top 4 minutes occasionally. The 2005-06 was such a solid team with so many key but not spectacular guys like him.

Dahlin and Power will get the only PP time in Buffalo for the foreseeable future.

I don't think he is a top 4 either. But I think he has the potential to develop into a top 4 and given the make up of our D room I like his chances to grow and have the opportunity to grab a spot.

Reactions: HogtownSabresfan

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
We don't need to have a giant "Shootout" flashing between every player..wow this is horrible

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Dahlin and Power will get the only PP time in Buffalo for the foreseeable future.

I don't think he is a top 4 either. But I think he has the potential to develop into a top 4 and given the make up of our D room I like his chances to grow and have the opportunity to grab a spot.
Agreed. But with a more balanced D, he could see 18-20 minutes a night with a chance to make some big plays. Dahlin & Power played ridiculous minutes in some games and we need guys like Johnson who are not sheltered playing 10-12 minutes a night because they are barely NHL material.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I’m hearing Benson was awesome? Only got to check glimpses as I was apartment hunting.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Lineup notes:

- all LHD (Metsa did not dress)
- Krebs and Jost served as alternate captains

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Competition check
None of the prospects separated themselves in the competition for the Sabres’ final roster spot at forward. Jiri Kulich hit the post on the power play but none of his six shot attempts were on net. Isak Rosen had two shots on goal. Lukas Rousek overpassed on a scoring chance in the second period after making a similar error in the Saturday scrimmage.

Evaluating defense
This game was an opportunity for the Sabres to get a closer look at their depth on defense. Riley Stillman and Jacob Bryson were solid, particularly the latter with his breakouts and gaps in the defensive zone. They’re expected to start the season as Buffalo’s seventh and eighth defensemen, but it was important for Granato and his staff to see how Kale Clague, Jeremy Davies and Ryan Johnson fared in this setting.

Johnson didn’t look like a rookie. He made some impressive plays in his own end and broke up a few passes on a Capitals power play late in the second period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad