OT: Association Football Thread III (All Soccer Talk Here!)

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Lolol I think Messi instinctively went in for a hug with Macron but Macron was like no.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I tried, god knows I tried, to avoid this tournament because the host country wishes that I and my people were dead, but that final was one of the finest displays of sport ever. It felt like history because it was. Glad I got up early on a Sunday to watch.

When my grandparents, mom, etc moved here, they basically had nothing. By the time they paid for everything, they literally had five dollars left. This was one of the very few things they managed to bring with them. My grandfather died a few years ago and left it to me. This is waaaaaay more than just a game to us. It was part of the culture we managed to hang on to here through all the shit we all went through.

Argentina.jpg

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
In 1974 Chelsea was one of the poorest and worst teams and in 17th place so I jumped on the bandwagon. My grandfather immigrated from the Netherlands though so now that LIV have van Dijk and Gakpo I'm rooting for them also.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Christ, ya'll are still talking about the aesthetics of the damn cup? lol

For me, it's the most glorious trophy on the planet. I rather prefer its capability to be used as a cudgel rather than it's capability as a drinking vessel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad