Assistant GM Candidates

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All I can say is, If JFJ is brought in it won't be as AGM, it'll be as Director of Player Personnel.

That's the word I got anyway.

Dom, if the Bruins lose Iginla, considering how deep the Bruins are at center, how dominant at times Spooner was during the AHL playoffs, and his number one ranking (subjectively but he's near the top no matter what) do you take him, and add a McQuaid or Bartkowski and trade him for a RW type of Ryan Spooner? You see what Toffoli and Pearson did in the SC playoffs and remember they were in the AHL this year even after New Years. Why not add a similar type of talent but at RW and move Ryan so he can play as he's ready and you still have Koko has depth.

I know what you speak of btw- great call, expect to hear that soon;)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom, if the Bruins lose Iginla, considering how deep the Bruins are at center, how dominant at times Spooner was during the AHL playoffs, and his number one ranking (subjectively but he's near the top no matter what) do you take him, and add a McQuaid or Bartkowski and trade him for a RW type of Ryan Spooner? You see what Toffoli and Pearson did in the SC playoffs and remember they were in the AHL this year even after New Years. Why not add a similar type of talent but at RW and move Ryan so he can play as he's ready and you still have Koko has depth.

I know what you speak of btw- great call, expect to hear that soon;)

Dan, I'm a firm believer that anyone can be traded. If an opportunity comes up, all options have to be considered.

As for the AGM, if the name I heard is true then fans should be happy.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom could not be Savard he still under contract as a player ?

It's not Savard.

And I've seen this mentioned about Savard, that he can't coach, be an assistant manager etc.

Savard is under contract with the Boston Bruins. They can employ him in any situation they want but would have to pay his salary rather than insurance paying it. Nothing prevents him from taking another role with the team.

See Pronger, Chris of the Flyers from Philadelphia

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
There is NO excitement about JFJ joining the FO in some capacity. I was witness to the scathing evisceration, seemingly justified, that ran him out of Toronto. Oh brother!

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
There is NO excitement about JFJ joining the FO in some capacity. I was witness to the scathing evisceration, seemingly justified, that ran him out of Toronto. Oh brother!

Not entirely true. I'm sure Rask will be thrilled to shake hands with the man he sends his thank you cards to every year.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Hiring JFJ would be awful. Jeff ONeils tweet said it all....dumbest man in hockey.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 1m
Good pickup by Boston #Bruins to hire John Ferguson Jr. to fill vacancy left behind by Jim Benning. JFJ had been #Sharks Dir of pro scouting

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Big mistake. Fergy Jr. is a loser. You don't need that kind of mentality on a Championship team.

Chia should have went after Ray Shero. A much smarter person when it comes to hockey moves.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jeff O'Neill @odognine2 · 50m
Boston Bruins are going to hire the dumbest man in hockey. John Ferguson Jr.

Jeff O'Neill @odognine2 · 36m
We lost three or four games in a row and JFJ wanted to change the seating arrangement on the plane. micromanaging idiot.

Jeff O'Neill @odognine2 · 31m
My last tweet regarding JFJ. He's a complete dick. The only executive i can say that about.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Jeff O'Neill @odognine2 · 50m
Boston Bruins are going to hire the dumbest man in hockey. John Ferguson Jr.

Jeff O'Neill @odognine2 · 36m
We lost three or four games in a row and JFJ wanted to change the seating arrangement on the plane. micromanaging idiot.

Jeff O'Neill @odognine2 · 31m
My last tweet regarding JFJ. He's a complete dick. The only executive i can say that about.

My thoughts exactly. I'm really starting to question Chiarelli's sense by hiring this laughing stock of NHL management.

If they wanted someone with GM experience, they could have just hired Mike Milbury. He was as successful at the position as JFJ was.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3