Assistant GM Candidates

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
JFJ isn't the smartest GM, however looking at his track record with SJ, they drafted really well.

That being said, Jeff O'Neill is an idiot too!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Congratulations to Scott Bradley and Ryan Nadeau on their new positions! Well deserved!

As for John Ferguson, why don't we wait to see what he does in his new role instead of lambaste him for what he did as a GM.

Huge difference between being a GM and the Director of Player Personnel.

Sounds like Jeff O'Neill has a personal axe to grind.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
JFJ is the executive director or player personel, Bradley new ASst GM

Dom told me this a week ago- so Dom I kept my big Irish/Portuguese and all the other stuff I am mouth shut. Great call

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Dom told me this a week ago- so Dom I kept my big Irish/Portuguese and all the other stuff I am mouth shut. Great call

I was hoping they would promote from within, because that's good business practice, especially when those guys deserve it. But the reports about JFJ being Asst. GM were a little unnerving.

The Bruins are pretty good at being tight lipped with all those media outlets being wrong on the hiring.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was hoping they would promote from within, because that's good business practice, especially when those guys deserve it. But the reports about JFJ being Asst. GM were a little unnerving.

The Bruins are pretty good at being tight lipped with all those media outlets being wrong on the hiring.

Heard JFJ has keen eye for talent but likes to be judge and jury - sort of reminded me of Harry and Milbury. Old school but that ain't his title or in his job description. He's where he should be an asset. He's where he should be

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Congratulations to Scott Bradley and Ryan Nadeau on their new positions! Well deserved!

As for John Ferguson, why don't we wait to see what he does in his new role instead of lambaste him for what he did as a GM.

Maybe he's pissed that JFJ traded for him and made him play for the Leafs?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dom is the man, he called that yesterday.

He called me when I was getting my dog groomed at Petco last weekend and told me while I was in trying to get the Mut out of there. Btw- there are other things going on let's see what happens folks. They are trying to do a few things;-) right Dom

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto

Accept for the fact that one of his roles is to advise Cherelli on any proposed trades. Ferguson was horrible in assessing talent in Toronto. I don't see how this will work out well in Boston.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Accept for the fact that one of his roles is to advise Cherelli on any proposed trades. Ferguson was horrible in assessing talent in Toronto. I don't see how this will work out well in Boston.

Chia still has the final call.....but look at it this way; any trade he did for them in the past actually made the Bruins better. So he's a good fit...even if he was on the Leafs at the time :laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
May I ask one simple question.

What in the blazes does a Executive Director of Player Personnel do?

I have no idea what this role entails.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
May I ask one simple question.

What in the blazes does a Executive Director of Player Personnel do?

I have no idea what this role entails.

The Bruins described the role as follows:

As Executive Director of Player Personnel, Ferguson will be responsible for scouting at both professional and amateur levels for all Bruins personnel, including club prospects and current roster players. Ferguson will also assist and advise Chiarelli in evaluating potential trades, signings and other club transactions in his role.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=724120

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad