Speculation: Assistant Coaches

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
I'm not sure that he is at all interested in coaching again and I definitely understand why. He has some pretty big clients for his skills coach business and the list keeps growing. He is likely making some pretty good coin doing it, plus he can do most of his work from the comfort of his home during the year. If he were to become a coach again he would likely have to drop his business as it would be a conflict of interest to coach against players that he his giving pointers to. If I was in his shoes I would continue to grow my business and brand as the he has the chance to be a pioneer in the field.

Yes I see your point but there is no competition in being a skills coach. For most guys that made to where he did in the game $$$ is secondary to that. Poor coaching and management has given us an abundance of highly drafted players who with some of the remaining Atl core would be a great job for a motivated hockey guy.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm guessing Mike Yeo becomes our associate coach yo!:yo:

And yes Maurice needs an associate coach more than an assistant coach as Mo has proven the past couple seasons and especially last season!:sarcasm: Case in point penciling Lowry in on the first friggin line! (or I could have just said Stuart!):rant:

I'm not the best one to judge coaches but I didn't like Yeo in Minny. He lost the room, not once but twice. That's a bad sign IMO.

Maybe he would be better as an assistant than as a HC. How were his STs in Minny?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm not the best one to judge coaches but I didn't like Yeo in Minny. He lost the room, not once but twice. That's a bad sign IMO.

Maybe he would be better as an assistant than as a HC. How were his STs in Minny?

Yeo got more out of the overrated Wild than he should have, take Dubinsky off the Wild and there not a playoff team no matter who is coaching!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeo got more out of the overrated Wild than he should have, take Dubinsky off the Wild and there not a playoff team no matter who is coaching!

Dubinsky? You mean Dubnik?

Take the only decent goalie off any team and they are not a PO team. I don't think the Wild are a contender but they have some pretty good players. I think it is Yeo who is overrated. But if he is good with ST's I'm all in favour of him as an assistant. Based on what little I know I would not have him as a HC.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

Take the only decent goalie off any team and they are not a PO team. I don't think the Wild are a contender but they have some pretty good players. I think it is Yeo who is overrated. But if he is good with ST's I'm all in favour of him as an assistant. Based on what little I know I would not have him as a HC.

Dubnik? You mean Dubnyk? :sarcasm:

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
He was seen in winnipeg a while back no? Thought at the time to be interviewing for the moose job, maybe it was for the jets?

Yup he was in Winnipeg a month or two ago, got a limo ride from someone, doubt it'll be for a fishing or camping trip if he's riding a limo lol

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Wow, who in the heck is Dubinsky?:laugh:

Anyway I don't know what's taking the Jets so long to fill the vacant assistant coaches vacancy most teams seem to have already done that and you would think it should be done before the draft.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Wow, who in the heck is Dubinsky?:laugh:

Anyway I don't know what's taking the Jets so long to fill the vacant assistant coaches vacancy most teams seem to have already done that and you would think it should be done before the draft.

I assume they're waiting for Anaheim and Calgary to fill their HC vacancies then go after the remaining candidates.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Mike Yeo hired as an associate coach in St. Louis. Carlyle back to the Ducks as HC!

Chevy still playing checkers!

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Mike Yeo hired as an associate coach in St. Louis. Carlyle back to the Ducks as HC!

Chevy still playing checkers!

Yeah... because Yeo and Carlyle would definitely prefer to be an assistant coach with the Jets rather than a head coach :rolleyes:

Who do we believe are the contenders for our assistant spot that are left? Calgary is still in need of a HC as well.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I'm guessing Krueger is likely in the mix, he did interview for other jobs so obviously he has an out from his current contract in Europe. I really cannot think of any other names.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm guessing Krueger is likely in the mix, he did interview for other jobs so obviously he has an out from his current contract in Europe. I really cannot think of any other names.

Dallas Eakins?!?:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad