Speculation: Assistant Coaches

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
I figured it would be a good idea to have a thread regarding our coaching staff and our potential future coaches.

Elliotte Friedman:
I have to think Kirk would be a strong candidate to take Vincent's place. As well, we have a vacancy left by Perry Pearn that could be potentially filled.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I figured it would be a good idea to have a thread regarding our coaching staff and our potential future coaches.

Elliotte Friedman:
I have to think Kirk would be a strong candidate to take Vincent's place. As well, we have a vacancy left by Perry Pearn that could be potentially filled.

Can't say I blame either of St. Louis's coaches for getting sick of the 1 year deals and leaving.

I would take Kirk, he seems to be the brains behind a really highly successful Blue's pp.

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners
I doubt anyone signs as assistants before those positions are filled.

Agreed. Muller wants to be an HC. I'd love to have him here in Vincent's or Pearn's spot, but I can't see that he'd even entertain the idea until those HC jobs have been filled.
It's not often you can lure an assistant/associate from another team as a parallel move; you look for an unemployed guy (Coach Christmas? :sarcasm:) or poach a guy looking to move up to the NHL from a lower league. Honestly, I'd be fine with some new, young blood.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Lawless has mentioned Muller on multiple occasions. Can't say I'd be upset with that.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Adam Oates. The fix to the PP and has done great work with Schiefele. The pathetic PK needs a new coach too.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd be fine with some new blood as well, but Kirk is definitely someone I want coaching our PP.
Adam Oates. The fix to the PP and has done great work with Schiefele. The pathetic PK needs a new coach too.

I thought I had heard on several occasions that Adam does not wish to be a coach again. I don't think that's in the realm of possibility.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
He grew up in Kingston. Thats not very far from Quebec. Maybe he does speak a little

Maybe. I don't think it's a necessity for them to be bilingual. Just be able to jabber through press conferences like Bob Gainey used to.

Speaking of which...the really do limit themselves on Head Coaching candidates because of that don't they?

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Adam Oates

I'd be fine with some new blood as well, but Kirk is definitely someone I want coaching our PP.

I thought I had heard on several occasions that Adam does not wish to be a coach again. I don't think that's in the realm of possibility.

His relationship with Schiefele and the chance to work the likes of Laine-55-Wheeler might get him to change his mind. More likely Chipman promotes Keane. Loyalty and reputation of going cheap with coaches and management. See Noel over Hitch.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
His relationship with Schiefele and the chance to work the likes of Laine-55-Wheeler might get him to change his mind. More likely Chipman promotes Keane. Loyalty and reputation of going cheap with coaches and management. See Noel over Hitch.

I'm not sure that he is at all interested in coaching again and I definitely understand why. He has some pretty big clients for his skills coach business and the list keeps growing. He is likely making some pretty good coin doing it, plus he can do most of his work from the comfort of his home during the year. If he were to become a coach again he would likely have to drop his business as it would be a conflict of interest to coach against players that he his giving pointers to. If I was in his shoes I would continue to grow my business and brand as the he has the chance to be a pioneer in the field.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm guessing Mike Yeo becomes our associate coach yo!:yo:

And yes Maurice needs an associate coach more than an assistant coach as Mo has proven the past couple seasons and especially last season!:sarcasm: Case in point penciling Lowry in on the first friggin line! (or I could have just said Stuart!):rant:

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He was seen in winnipeg a while back no? Thought at the time to be interviewing for the moose job, maybe it was for the jets?

It wouldn't surprise me if there is an agreement in place for him to get the job pending him not getting hired to HC one of the two coachless teams out there.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My first choice would be Paul Maclean if he gets moved from Anaheim when the new head coach is hired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad