Speculation: Assistant Coaches

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
All NHL head coaching positions filled! check

All NHL teams have assistant coaches in place for next season? Yes except the Jets!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Maurice did give some more info today post draft. Sounds like he wants someone out of junior that will work good with the kids. It sounds like he actually wants someone with little pro experience to balance his and huddys experience. A fresh voice if you will. Sounded like he didn't want an old guard coach.

If special teams was mentioned I didn't hear it.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Maurice did give some more info today post draft. Sounds like he wants someone out of junior that will work good with the kids. It sounds like he actually wants someone with little pro experience to balance his and huddys experience. A fresh voice if you will. Sounded like he didn't want an old guard coach.

Sounds like a smart approach by him if true.

You always need new ideas, even if you don't agree with them.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Maurice likes to make perfect sense when he talks .... and then he goes out & does the exact opposite. Can`t see how a guy like him that is in so many ways totally old-school would want to have someone with totally different ideals as an assistant. As usual talk is cheap.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
With the way th Jets are drafting they'll soon need a coach who speaks European!;)

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
No Treat

Sounds like he doesn't want to hire his own replacement.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
I think if we can somehow pry Phil Housley out of Nashville, he is exactly the guy we need to get our special teams on track. Doubt it though as it would be a lateral for him.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think if we can somehow pry Phil Housley out of Nashville, he is exactly the guy we need to get our special teams on track. Doubt it though as it would be a lateral for him.

His tax bill in Tennessee is pretty sweet as well.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I hear England's soccer coach might be looking for work, he does speak European!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad