New York Islanders: Assistant coaches are Doug Houda and John MacLean (Brian Wiseman will not be joining the coaching staff)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Exactly, Wang knew a good GM (Snow) when he saw one. Not an outlandish decision at all.

It is such a horrible complaint most people have. People would prefer to work with people they know, trust, and respect, than people they don't. It doesn't mean it's always the right decision, it doesn't mean it's always the wrong decision. It's up to the people making the hire to make the determination. That's what makes good owners good owners and bad owners bad owners (GMs, coaches, etc.)

I didn't hear many people complaining when Trotz brought his staff with him from Washington, I wonder why...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It is such a horrible complaint most people have. People would prefer to work with people they know, trust, and respect, than people they don't. It doesn't mean it's always the right decision, it doesn't mean it's always the wrong decision. It's up to the people making the hire to make the determination. That's what makes good owners good owners and bad owners bad owners (GMs, coaches, etc.)

I didn't hear many people complaining when Trotz brought his staff with him from Washington, I wonder why...
And Wang certainly earned his reputation as one of the worst owners in the NHL.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

Because they won Lord Stanley's Cup?

And Wang certainly earned his reputation as one of the worst owners in the NHL.
One of the worst owners of anything. Ever!

Reactions: MJF

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
MacLean has done that as an assistant coach also though, so I don't see how that would make a difference for why it's OK in one case and not in another.
I'm ok with the hire. Ex player who had success in the league, knows the local area, familiar with Lou's thinking and has experience coaching today's game. No issues here!

Reactions: Seph

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad