Assign responsibility for the Oilers

The order of most to blame to least to blame is…

• Total voters

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I don’t understand how anyone comes out of these past 3 games blaming anyone but the players.
Right? It's the same team they dominated all season. Players and coaches couldn't adjust in the post season imo. They are one unit in sharing blame. I'll be willing to jump on the fire Holland train if he does nothing of note this summer but until then..

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Team lost. The other team was a bit better in all aspects of the game.

1. Their goalie was a bit better than ours.
2. Their forwards were a bit better than ours. they just seemed to bury their chances more often.
3. This is the one that actually has me crushed because I thought this was one our major improvements this year. Their defence was a fair bit better than ours. Didn't think I'd be saying this. Their inexperienced no name defence out played ours. They were a bit better defensively and a fair bit better offensively. Bear was doing so well after salvaging his season. Then returned to the player that does nothing but cost you games. Like I've always said.. if you ain't helping us score.. you better f***ing not be helping the other team. Bear helped the Jets score two goals this series directly from his mistakes. He helped the Oilers score 0 goals.

If I'm Tippet this summer I'm thinking of ways to break the McDavid trap and I'm looking at the Defence and trying to figure out why the offense from them dried up when a team focus's on Mcdavid.

I also feel like Tyson Barrie wasn't quite the same player we saw in the regular season. I feel I saw a player trying not to get hurt instead of one trying to do anything to win. Beware the 1 year play with McDavid paydays perhaps.. great regular season player.. shitty post season incentives. This is just something I'd keep my eye on. The psychology of this game is massive. The talent is too close. Motivated players are good players. The Jets D-Core is not good.. but they were motivated. Edmonton's looked too focus'd on trying to defend and not make mistakes, gutted their offensive game imo.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The players are the ones on the ice. Coaching and management didn’t cause the dumb turnovers that led to key goals.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Until Katz starts to invest in proper pro scouting, instead of giving his friends money to wear suits, this team will go nowhere.

I'm curious to see what Holland does this summer but the horrible pro scouting doesn't leave me with much confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad