LeBrun: Asking price for M.A.F is 1st Rounder or 1st Round level prospect + possible mid-level pick

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'd like to see him go to a contender for entertainment reasons but I 100% understand if he asks to stay put in Chicago

Reactions: Marshall

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Understand the ask but don’t think the hawks get that. But we will find out soon if he wants to play elsewhere for the last few months of the season.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Both the Leafs and Oilers put themselves into this position and will probably have to pay that price if they want Fleury. Chicago knows they’re hitting the desperation stage.

Still don’t think he leaves though and the Leafs can’t wait. Make the offer, if he doesn’t want to come, move on to the next best thing.

It’s the first time most fans won’t even care about that 1st round pick. Not after the goaltending we’ve witnessed.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Understand the ask but don’t think the hawks get that. But we will find out soon if he wants to play elsewhere for the last few months of the season.

they could get a 1st taking back term back on a trade, or it’s condition tied to him actually starting games Instead of just being a back up.

from my perspective asa Buffalo fan on trading Anderson I’d be asking

3rd as a backup G
2nd if he starts a few playoff games
a 1st if he starts 50%+ playoff games

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I'd bet it's either Washington of Toronto, with the trades looking like:

Caps send one of their goalies plus a 1st for Fleury and a mid round pick.

Leafs send a 1st, Mrazek and a prospect for Fleury.
Sounds accurate ,the Leafs will have to include a solid prospect to make Chicago take Mrazek.

Reactions: Altimus

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Something around this maybe?
Toronto: MAF 50%
Chicago: 22/23 first, Mrazek, Robertson/Knies, Another prospect/mid pick?

Not moving Robertson/Knies for 1 playoff run of Fleury. I made a proposal a few weeks ago, 1st + 3rd+ Mrazek for Fleury @50%

He's a great goalie but you don't give up a 1st + top prospect with their entire career infront of them for one year of a 37 year old goalie, regardless of how elite he is

Reactions: KapG

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Any way in hell a non contender that is desperate for a goalie and trades for him with wanting to resign him for 2-3 years happens? Shows MAF they want to commit to him and give him some security . Make the contract of full NMC?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
What the market is willing to pay ultimately determines the price of a rental. Whether that crosses the threshold of acceptable value to a seller at say 2:30 on deadline day determines if a trade happens.

Like Lehner 2 years ago, It would surprising if that was a 1st. A 1st can't be the minimum acceptable value for this many players.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Both the Leafs and Oilers put themselves into this position and will probably have to pay that price if they want Fleury. Chicago knows they’re hitting the desperation stage.

Still don’t think he leaves though and the Leafs can’t wait. Make the offer, if he doesn’t want to come, move on to the next best thing.

It’s the first time most fans won’t even care about that 1st round pick. Not after the goaltending we’ve witnessed.

I would rather roll with Woll than pay that price for Fleury.

If Dubas was truly desperate he would make Nylander available and try and get a package that includes a starter that wouldn’t normally be available.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'd bet it's either Washington of Toronto, with the trades looking like:

Caps send one of their goalies plus a 1st for Fleury and a mid round pick.

Leafs send a 1st, Mrazek and a prospect for Fleury.
Hawks can keep Fleury. The Caps don't cough up 1st round picks for a rental goalie and neither do other teams. I say a 2nd and goalie going back if salary is retained or Hawks take a bad contract back. If not, then a 3rd and goalie. The picks can be conditional based on whether Fleury starts in the playoffs, wins a series or reaches the 2nd round or ECF or something like that.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Last edited:

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017

I don't think the Hawks get anywhere near that to be honest ! Imagine if he did say he would go to the Oilers but the Hawks wanted what will likely be a top 20 pick in this year's draft, Dylan Holloway, a mid 1st rounder from a few drafts ago, and the Oilers best mid pairing d-man still in the AHL developing....Dimitry Samorukov. I couldn't blame the Oilers if they said thanks but no thanks because that's awful steep for a 37 year old soon to be UFA with no guarantee of re-signing ! Can't blame the Hawks for asking for it though.... :dunno:

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I've never seen a players value fluctuate as much as Fleury's had in such a short period of time.

Wins the Vezina, could have got him for a 5th in the offseason.
Gets off to a bad start on an underachieving team, 1st rounder plus.
Supply and demand. A few teams in desperate need of a goalie, very few quality goalies available. Therefore, price of quality goalie increases. Basic economics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad