Seravalli: Ask for Erik Karlsson is three first-round picks and Sharks will retain 18% of his contract.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Grier literally came out and denied it. It’s in this thread multiple times.
To be fair, just because Grier says so to the media doesn’t make it true. GM’s lie to the media a lot. One is spreading incorrect information and it is a coin flip as to who imo… not that it really matters.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well... the thread title says the ask is 3 firsts... and that's what's at debate here.

You want to put forth an alternative ask to debate -- I'm game.
It’s literally posted in this thread. The report came from an Edmonton reporter about SJ’s ask and it’s bad. You can go back and find where it was refuted or a simple google search as well.
To be fair, just because Grier says so to the media doesn’t make it true. GM’s lie to the media a lot. One is spreading incorrect information and it is a coin flip as to who imo… not that it really matters.
Grier has nothing to gain from lying to the media. The media has a ton to gain by lying about the ask. Pretty easy to speculate which one is lying.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT??????
Grier literally said it wasn’t that.

Reactions: Number8

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Normally you tell the media a higher price as a negotiating tactic. This just seems like shutting down a fake rumour

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
It’s literally posted in this thread. The report came from an Edmonton reporter about SJ’s ask and it’s bad. You can go back and find where it was refuted or a simple google search as well.

Grier has nothing to gain from lying to the media. The media has a ton to gain by lying about the ask. Pretty easy to speculate which one is lying.

I'll ask again... what is the ask you'd like to debate?

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019

There may be nothing to gain by lying but it doesn’t stop them from doing it. There’s been instances where a gm has said a player is not available just turn around and trade them shortly after. It really isn’t a big deal what they say and everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt imo, not gospel as you are doing. Again, I agree that to the outside it would make no sense for him to say that, but there is precedent for gm’s not being truthful. That’s all I’m saying.
Normally you tell the media a higher price as a negotiating tactic. This just seems like shutting down a fake rumour
The above kinda applies to this too. Theoretically when a gm says a player isn’t available to the media, wouldn’t that negate any reason for other teams to pursue him at that point, thus negating any value? Why would they do that if they do indeed intend on trading said player? Seems to me most front offices just don’t want the media involved in their inner workings to be honest.

It makes sense serevelli would state that karlsson could be traded, It makes for good click bait, I get that. But three firsts for 18% retained seems oddly specific to throw against a wall to hope something sticks. He must have heard it somewhere. Or else he’d just state that they are looking to trade him and leave it at that imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad