As Bobrovsky goes, so do the Jackets

slacketbacker

Oct 25, 2005
USA
Sure, Bob is the man, but there are many reasons for the win streak. I'd suggest that the team gaining "health" is the real reason for the streak. Of which even "Bob" improved once his finger healed and the cast on his finger removed. It's bigger than just Bobrovski. But yes, I'm thrilled we have Bob!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It really is mostly Bob. The Jackets haven't been outplaying the other teams, with the exception of Tampa. But Bob has outplayed the other goalie every game this streak.

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
Sure, Bob is the man, but there are many reasons for the win streak. I'd suggest that the team gaining "health" is the real reason for the streak. Of which even "Bob" improved once his finger healed and the cast on his finger removed. It's bigger than just Bobrovski. But yes, I'm thrilled we have Bob!

The team getting healthy has been basically a non factor other than Jenner. There is still no Tyutin or Murray. No Letestu, no Anisimov, Dubinsky came back about halfway through the streak, etc. Jenner is certainly on a good streak but Bob is the main reason for the wins. The team has been out shot and outplayed in nearly every game over the win streak.

I know everyone likes to rip Jarmo for "not doing anything" but Connauton is obviously key in two of those wins. That has nothing to do with the team being healthy.

pwisch

Aug 25, 2014
Indian Lake, OH

Aside from Dubinsky, what player has come off the IR recently to help the team during this streak? Dubinsky has played well but he is certainly not a game changer.

Even when we had 11 and 12 guys on the IR, we still had Foligno, Johansen, Hartnell and Atkinson. The team could have and should have been able to win despite the injuries.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Aside from Dubinsky, what player has come off the IR recently to help the team during this streak? Dubinsky has played well but he is certainly not a game changer.

Even when we had 11 and 12 guys on the IR, we still had Foligno, Johansen, Hartnell and Atkinson. The team could have and should have been able to win despite the injuries.

That last line is a bit ridiculous. McElhinney in net....St. Denis on the blue line. Your starting centers were Joey, Foligno, Chaput, Cracknell for a few games. I mean, come on.

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach

Please tell me you are not serious.:shakehead

You aren't going to win much in the NHL with a bunch of AHL tweeners.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

This team sucked for so long because we had a tiny handful of stars and maybe-stars and zero depth. So we traded one of the legit stars for depth. Suddenly the team no longer sucks. Then, a while later, all the depth gets injured and suddenly some are wondering why a team consisting of a tiny handful of stars and maybe-stars and zero depth is losing. IMAGINE THAT. :eek: :shakehead

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
"As Bobrovsky goes, so do the Jackets" What!?!? Seriously!?!?! For real? I never knew that, thanks for bringing this breaking new to my attention, captain obvious. I didn't know this before now :sarcasm:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Give the op a break. He posted a link to an article he wrote that will be read by other hockey fans not just us zealots. What started out as an article praising Bob has now been turned by some of you into an article disparaging the Jackets.

And he is pretty spot on imo. Without Bob playing like he has no way are the Jackets looking for 7 in a row tonight. A .943 save percentage is amazing especially considering the number of shots he has faced. Some of you need to lose the fan boy glasses and see this team as it really is. Without Bob, playing as he has been, not so good. Even through the last 6 games.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Vezina Bob "only" had a save % of .932 so the 5-on-5 offense needs to appear or this will be just a blip on the radar.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
"As Bobrovsky goes, so do the Jackets" What!?!? Seriously!?!?! For real? I never knew that, thanks for bringing this breaking new to my attention, captain obvious. I didn't know this before now :sarcasm:

captain-obvious-250x250.jpg

Acquizitor*

I don't see why bob would stay in Columbus if he has any ambitions to win the cup one day.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I don't see why bob would stay in Columbus if he has any ambitions to win the cup one day.

Ummmm, because the Blue Jackets are a young team, with good core pieces, aspiring to win the Cup?
Seriously, these are our Centers when healthy:
#1C Johansen
#2C Dubinsky
#3C Anisimov
#4C Letestu

Show me a team with better center depth, and I'll give you 100 *whatever your currency is*
Oh, and not to mention we have some of the best developing prospects. Alexander Wennberg, Sonny Milano, Kerby Rychel, Marko Dano, Oliver Bjorkstrand. Also a 20 year old, 2nd overall defenseman named Ryan Murray who has yet to play a full 82 game season.

Maybe you've heard of just a few of these guys? Yeah?

You are seriously delusional if you think the Blue Jackets don't have the capability of being a Cup contender.
Are you just a butt-hurt fan of a team the Jackets have beat these past 7 games or....?
Edit: So I see you're a Pens fan. Still upset about Saturday, and the 2014 playoffs I guess

Last edited:

Acquizitor*

Ummmm, because the Blue Jackets are a young team, with good core pieces, aspiring to win the Cup?
Seriously, these are our Centers when healthy:
#1C Johansen
#2C Dubinsky
#3C Anisimov
#4C Letestu

Show me a team with better center depth, and I'll give you 100 *whatever your currency is*
Oh, and not to mention we have some of the best developing prospects. Alexander Wennberg, Sonny Milano, Kerby Rychel, Marko Dano, Oliver Bjorkstrand. Also a 20 year old, 2nd overall defenseman named Ryan Murray who has yet to play a full 82 game season.

Maybe you've heard of just a few of these guys? Yeah?

You are seriously delusional if you think the Blue Jackets don't have the capability of being a Cup contender.
Are you just a butt-hurt fan of a team the Jackets have beat these past 7 games or....?
Edit: So I see you're a Pens fan. Still upset about Saturday, and the 2014 playoffs I guess

I live in a country where hockey is unfortunately not a widespread sport. I'm a fan of great games, not of specific teams.

I follow the Jackets whenever I can and watch most of their games unless the Pens play at the same time.

despite of me native of Russia I have to admit that Johansen and Dubinsky are my favorite players on your team and not bob.

I also like the Pens, especially Sid and Geno but it doesn't matter in this case.

however my point still stands, I dont see the Jackets winning the Cup in the coming 5 years or so. I really like this young team but it doesn't have the players to win the Cup. I also think that Bob is a very hard working ambitious player who will not stay with the Jackets unless he is given a ridiculous contract, which the Jackets can not afford.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Jackets will be just good enough to win the cup if Bob stands on his head, which is the what I think he plans on doing. Better to get credit for it here than just be another piece on a juggernaut.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I live in a country where hockey is unfortunately not a widespread sport. I'm a fan of great games, not of specific teams.

I follow the Jackets whenever I can and watch most of their games unless the Pens play at the same time.

despite of me native of Russia I have to admit that Johansen and Dubinsky are my favorite players on your team and not bob.

I also like the Pens, especially Sid and Geno but it doesn't matter in this case.

however my point still stands, I dont see the Jackets winning the Cup in the coming 5 years or so. I really like this young team but it doesn't have the players to win the Cup. I also think that Bob is a very hard working ambitious player who will not stay with the Jackets unless he is given a ridiculous contract, which the Jackets can not afford.

OK, I'll bite even though I know I shouldn't be feeding you.

I don't know if the Jackets will be able to lock Bob down, but I'm curious who you think Bob is going to sign with. Based on what you are saying, which teams do you think are:

A) cup-contending over the next few years THAT ALSO
B) need a #1 goalie AND
C) have the cap space to afford Bob's contract

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I dont see the Jackets winning the Cup in the coming 5 years or so. I really like this young team but it doesn't have the players to win the Cup.

Considering only one team wins each year, there will be a lot of good teams, contending teams, that don't win a Cup in the next five years.

I also think that Bob is a very hard working ambitious player

Agree.

who will not stay with the Jackets unless he is given a ridiculous contract,

What makes you think this?

which the Jackets can not afford.

Acquizitor*

OK, I'll bite even though I know I shouldn't be feeding you.

I don't know if the Jackets will be able to lock Bob down, but I'm curious who you think Bob is going to sign with. Based on what you are saying, which teams do you think are:

A) cup-contending over the next few years THAT ALSO
B) need a #1 goalie AND
C) have the cap space to afford Bob's contract

I'm not here to troll, I'm here to say what I think.

I like the jackets, I like many players on your team and I wish the Jackets good luck.

I have no idea who bob is going to sign with, but my life experience has taught me that very hard working ambitious players usually like to play in teams which are among the best. Such people usually don't have mercy on themselves and push their bodies to the limit while expecting others to do the same.

bob may ask too much for what he is worth + cap space is important.

guys, this is pure speculation from me, I'm not here to troll anyone, please see this as an opinion only.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Bob's agent is licking his chops right now. This is not a very good team without Bob. Sure we have a decent 1st and 2nd line, but our bottom 6 is among the worst in the NHL. Theyre going to remember that the organization didnt believe in him and now he's proved it and they'll want to be paid. I wouldnt be surprised to see his agent ask for $8m.

Acquizitor*

Bob's agent is licking his chops right now. This is not a very good team without Bob. Sure we have a decent 1st and 2nd line, but our bottom 6 is among the worst in the NHL. Theyre going to remember that the organization didnt believe in him and now he's proved it and they'll want to be paid. I wouldnt be surprised to see his agent ask for $8m.

or 9-9.5 which is insane and a longish 8-10 year contract = which is very risky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad