As a Ducks fan, what should I make of these 2 missed calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Two blown calls. Sucks, but dad nothing to do with Aberg's goal or Rinne's goaltending.

We weren't handed a win (and we would have been if we ended with 7 or 8 powerplays like that). We had every chance to get the go ahead goal and Rinne got in our heads. We missed so many shots wide or high.

The game winning goal was atrocious defense too. Manson backing up the way he did and no one backchecking aberg properly.

We deserved to lose.

I hope we deserve to win today.

My only exception to this thread and most other Duck's thread is that they are dirty team. Perry is sure. Kesler, I still feel is a agitator of epic pro portions... maybe you call that dirty, and I would hate him doing that to my star player. But he isn't dirty in my book.

Most team, especially ones we faced in playoffs, have these type of players.

I know Kesler and Getzlaf have gotten away with obvious penalties. Perry probably should be suspended.

But to most of the injuries our opponents have faced were due to good physical hockey, I just don't think that is a dirty team. If so, then every team in the league is probably dirty.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
It's not like our PP was worth a **** anyways. We had plenty of calls go our way. Those two missed calls didn't decide anything.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If refs made the right calls in round 2, the Ducks wouldnt be around to complain about reffing in round 3

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If it wasn't for Kesler keeping Talbot's five hole open with his hand the Ducks would be golfing right now. The dreadful officiating has been unfortunately one of the top stories of this playoffs. Nobody even knows what a penalty is anymore. The league needs to get the problem solved because it's the most annoying thing about the game without any doubt.

They choked away 2/3rds of their lead. Kesler's unsportsmanlike goalie interference did the rest. If the right call was made, the Oilers preserve that lead, win the game, and win the series.

It's been that way for years. I don't know why people are so surprised. The refs put away their whistles in the playoffs and aggressive teams can push the limit even further.
As for the whole Oilers-Ducks series, while I was cheering for the Oilers, the Ducks won and IMO deserved the victory. You just can't blow a three goal lead late in the game. No excuses for such a collapse and no need to take it out on the refs.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
kesler-interference2.gif

B33saVGoouwNi.webp

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
First one is a missed high stick on Manson.

With around 2:30 left in the 2nd period, the Ducks had a 1-0 lead and both teams were at even strength. Manson receives a very obvious high stick to the face, which results in blood from his mouth. Around ten seconds later, he cross checks Forsberg in retaliation for the high stick, which results in a 2 minute penalty and leads to the Preds getting the tying goal before the 2nd intermission.

Later on in the game, while the score was I believe 2-1 Preds if I remember correctly, Rinne plays the puck illegally and the call is missed, no penalty on the play. This was late in the game with the Ducks having no momentum whatsoever, and could have potentially swung things in their favor.

Now im not saying we lost a game or a series because of the refs. I dont go into threads whining about refs and claiming conspiracy. I fully admit the Ducks losing Game 5 was a total embarrassment considering the Preds depleted lineup and not having their top 2 centers. But with that being said theres a lot of talk about the Ducks receiving favorable treatment from the refs and I think its completely false. In a pivotal Game 5 with potentially our season on the line, the refs dont call a very obvious high stick which resulted in blood, an easy 4 minute powerplay. Instead they call a retaliation penalty from the same guy who just got high sticked. This had devastating effects on the game and potentially the season, had the right call been made the Ducks are probably going to Nashville up 3-2. These are my thoughts on it and I would just like to get some other opinions as well. I fully expect to hear things like "well the Ducks goon it up so they get what they deserve." Which is fine, anyone is entitled to believe what they want. For a quick reference here are the two calls that I am referring to.

Missed high stick

https://streamable.com/xt6xi

Rinne playing the puck

DAUD1xZUQAA-Pmn.jpg
I think you should instead be happy the refs gifted you an additional 2 weeks of hockey to watch in round 2.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
This gifted series thing is comical... maybe you should've not been outplayed in game 7, maybe you shouldn't of even put yourself in the position for that one call to not go your way, can't wait to eliminate Edmonton again next year for their Whiner fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad