Confirmed Trade: [ARZ/MIN] Hanzal (50%), White, 2017 4th FOR 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, 2019 4th*, G. Downing

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems like a good deal for both teams given where they both are at in their development. Hanzal seems like he has had the most difficult time adjusting, but has shown signs of improvement recently.

TheHardTruth*

Jun 22, 2015
I still don't see how this was a good trade. A massive overpayment for a third liner and a 4th liner. Minny hasn't benefitted from this trade at all.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I still don't see how this was a good trade. A massive overpayment for a third liner and a 4th liner. Minny hasn't benefitted from this trade at all.

Whether they have benefitted or not can't really be determined until playoff time because they literally added him for the playoffs.

I was never even a big fan of the trade myself (not a MIN/ARZ fan either), but this move was made to have Hanzal lining up behind Staal and Koivu in game one of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, The motive of this trade was so blatantly obvious that I don't understand how you can make an assessment on the trade at this point in time.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

They combined for 5 points in the Wild's two post bye games, when Parise and pominville were out with the Mumps. Wild won both games by one goal.

Wild probably don't have those 4 standings points without their production in those games so shorthanded.

Seems like a benefit to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino