Artyukhin

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Kings replace Westgarth for this man. Chop Chop

1.Artyukhin isn't an enforcer. He WILL not fight toughguys on regular basis.
2.In this video he has just beaten up 3 non-fighters. Hardly an accomplishment.
3. He said numerous times himself that he isn't intrested in job as a fighter.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
R2 is perfect if you want to use a roster spot on an incredible skater who will throw a huge hit every once in a while, take a ton of stupid penalties and fight non enforcers who are always several inches shorter and many pounds lighter. If you want him to be a traditional enforcer who will fight anyone then you are looking at the wrong guy.

Just look at his fight card. Outside of losing a fight against Chara it's very unimpressive.

Analyzer*

He fought Chara once and did a good job thanks to his visor.

He's 6'5 245 and skates as if he's 6'0 210.

straka91*

Shame he's not in the NHL still. He needs some competition when comes to fighting because euro hockey is more soft and finese based.

Only beef with him is that damn visor.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Fastest top speed I think I've ever seen, but he's dumb as a post. It's too bad, as he could have been a far more effective player in the NHL.

Diagonaali

Jan 8, 2009
Finland
Based on the ***** slaps he tries to give to Koivu (lying on the ice...) he fights like his smaller sister Semin. I don't think he would do too good in NHL giving ***** slaps coming in the fight as 3rd man in...

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
He skates like a figure skater and throws some huge hits but that's about it. If there was ever a definition of stone hands, this dude's picture is beside it. Dumb as box of rocks as well.

I liked Arty, but really the Pejorative Slur penalties just got old. Don't miss him.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
I'm probably the only fan in the NHL who would like R2 back on his team.

You're not the only one, though we're certainly in the minority.

Not to say I'm his biggest fan.
Nor that the faults listed aren't valid...they are.
I'll even admit he wouldn't fit in well with the current Lightning team/coach/playstyle.

That said, I always enjoyed watching him despite the frustrations and hope he finds his way back to the NHL.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Absolutely astounding that there are humans, supposedly with two working eyes, that actually say Chara won vs Artyukhin(visor or not).

I'd take Artyukhin on any of my teams if he's coached/used properly.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Plus: Big and skates well, and the hits if he doesn't get penalties from them.

Minus: Cheap shot artist, bad visor fighter, stupid penalties, can't score

I hope he never wears Ducks jersey again.

And in that video he fought 3 non-fighters as 3rd guy in every battle and braged about in the russian media afterwards shows what kind of an idiot were are talking about here.

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
Nobody won that Chara fight. No way you can claim out jersey-jabbing someone is winning that fight.

Vinner

May 1, 2010
Big Artyukhin fan.

Would be an ideal 3rd/4th line player if he was ever able to stop taking ridiculous penalties. I'd still probably take him as is, that size and speed would be an asset to most teams 4th line.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He is such a great skater and hitter, would be a great asset to most teams 3rd/4th line. Unfortunately upstairs he's lacking.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Plus: Big and skates well, and the hits if he doesn't get penalties from them.

Minus: Cheap shot artist, bad visor fighter, stupid penalties, can't score

I hope he never wears Ducks jersey again.

And in that video he fought 3 non-fighters as 3rd guy in every battle and braged about in the russian media afterwards shows what kind of an idiot were are talking about here.

How is a cheap shot artist a bad thing? That's what you want in a player like Artyukhin....just as long as he's smart about it. He certainly got under Finland's skin.;)

People expect too much out of Artykhin because of his size and speed, but if used properly he can be a valuable 3rd/4th liner.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
How is a cheap shot artist a bad thing? That's what you want in a player like Artyukhin....just as long as he's smart about it. He certainly got under Finland's skin.;)

People expect too much out of Artykhin because of his size and speed, but if used properly he can be a valuable 3rd/4th liner.

Artyukhin is not smart about anything regarding hockey which is why no head coach has ever got anything out of him at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad