Prospect Info: Artur Kayumov - 2016 50th Overall (LW)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He played most of the World Juniors as a Centre..took face offs. .also liked penalties ..Surprised at how good he was as a C I'm cutting off lanes to stop plays in the neutral zone ..I was impressed.. Scored more than I thought ..still
Is hexa 3C 2way type or top six material at C oe LW? I doubt he will be top six guy ..good offense but not elite/starry "special" ...rather best thing about him is good alk-round /competence and work level ..As to size issue at the top NHL level...that could be a problem ..

Bottom line is this. .NHL supposedly is transitioning to more skill on bottom 2 lines. .such that 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines or Q's plan of 2 scoring lines a 3rd line that can play 2 ways and a 4th checking/energy line that has no skill and cannot score (eg. Your Keugervtypes) is going out the window. ..teams will want 4 lines with skill that can attack and score but it is also necessary they call WORK hard and prevent as well because they check skate and close off lanes ...This ideal roll 4 lines and show both enough sklll and competent defending should suit a guy like Kayumov making a squad even if it is on a designated line 3 or line 4 ..Yes the NHL still will have many supercstars on top 2 lines on certain teams but the idea to compete and win 4 lines deep with goals able to come from any line and No separation between stars and lesser line guys as to their value to winning ...thatviscwhat the league is supposed to be transitioning to now.This is supposed to allow more smaller skilled guys to be on 3rd and 4th lines as long as they also show competence defensively. That is why Kayumov will propably get a spot in the show as one of these new types of bottom 2 line guys. .So even though they will not get boo time to pad stats like the top 2 line "stars" do
..what teams now want from fottom 2 line guys is very good 5x5 play ...resulting in 15-20 goals not the 5 or less a Kruger can supply ..They also want a +10 to + 15 or better result from this newctypebof bottom 2bli e asset ...I doubt old geezer coaches like Q will ever adapt to this new thinking going on across the league. .so he will be gone before Kayumov ever gets to showcase for a spot in 19/20 or 20/201 season ..But if the league is going to go that direction you will probably see rolling lines at about the same minutes in 5x5 play and the extra minutes the top 2blin3vstars get will come from the pp ...If botyom2nline guys used on the planet then the minutes for the whole game will be even more evenly distributes among the 12 forwards .
Unfortunately the Hawks now this season are back in the bold direction since Kruger as 4C is more in 5he zero skill energy/checker role Q has as his ideal system use of 4th liners..so no way he will score much. .this will also drag down his wingers. .so no way Kunitz and Hayden will score much .. A Centre with more skill who can defendcasvgodcas or better than Kruger would get more goalscfrom those 2 wingers ..But alas...not this season!

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
He played most of the World Juniors as a Centre..took face offs. .also liked penalties ..Surprised at how good he was as a C I'm cutting off lanes to stop plays in the neutral zone ..I was impressed.. Scored more than I thought ..still
Is hexa 3C 2way type or top six material at C oe LW? I doubt he will be top six guy ..good offense but not elite/starry "special" ...rather best thing about him is good alk-round /competence and work level ..As to size issue at the top NHL level...that could be a problem ..

Bottom line is this. .NHL supposedly is transitioning to more skill on bottom 2 lines. .such that 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines or Q's plan of 2 scoring lines a 3rd line that can play 2 ways and a 4th checking/energy line that has no skill and cannot score (eg. Your Keugervtypes) is going out the window. ..teams will want 4 lines with skill that can attack and score but it is also necessary they call WORK hard and prevent as well because they check skate and close off lanes ...This ideal roll 4 lines and show both enough sklll and competent defending should suit a guy like Kayumov making a squad even if it is on a designated line 3 or line 4 ..Yes the NHL still will have many supercstars on top 2 lines on certain teams but the idea to compete and win 4 lines deep with goals able to come from any line and No separation between stars and lesser line guys as to their value to winning ...thatviscwhat the league is supposed to be transitioning to now.This is supposed to allow more smaller skilled guys to be on 3rd and 4th lines as long as they also show competence defensively. That is why Kayumov will propably get a spot in the show as one of these new types of bottom 2 line guys. .So even though they will not get boo time to pad stats like the top 2 line "stars" do
..what teams now want from fottom 2 line guys is very good 5x5 play ...resulting in 15-20 goals not the 5 or less a Kruger can supply ..They also want a +10 to + 15 or better result from this newctypebof bottom 2bli e asset ...I doubt old geezer coaches like Q will ever adapt to this new thinking going on across the league. .so he will be gone before Kayumov ever gets to showcase for a spot in 19/20 or 20/201 season ..But if the league is going to go that direction you will probably see rolling lines at about the same minutes in 5x5 play and the extra minutes the top 2blin3vstars get will come from the pp ...If botyom2nline guys used on the planet then the minutes for the whole game will be even more evenly distributes among the 12 forwards .
Unfortunately the Hawks now this season are back in the bold direction since Kruger as 4C is more in 5he zero skill energy/checker role Q has as his ideal system use of 4th liners..so no way he will score much. .this will also drag down his wingers. .so no way Kunitz and Hayden will score much .. A Centre with more skill who can defendcasvgodcas or better than Kruger would get more goalscfrom those 2 wingers ..But alas...not this season!

Kayumov basically never played at C and definitely didn't do that at the WJC, you must be confusing him with someone else. Might take a face-off or two from time to time (when a center can't do it for some reason) like every winger though, that doesn't make him a center.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kayumov basically never played at C and definitely didn't do that at the WJC, you must be confusing him with someone else. Might take a face-off or two from time to time (when a center can't do it for some reason) like every winger though, that doesn't make him a center.
just go with it.....

migi

Feb 25, 2015

I’ve said this two times to him but he doesnt read it..

Reactions: AmericanDream

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
0A7B6EF2-D261-48E1-BA80-A3E3AC7B1C62.jpeg

One year extension

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad