Prospect Info: Artur Kayumov - 2016 50th Overall (LW)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It is also true that some of the Finns taken in round 2 went higher than most ranking orgs had them..but understandable since Finland had such dominant teams and a very good crop his year..But that the Hawks did not grab any Finns in this their really good crop year is proof how Stan buckled the trend and also bucked the trend by grabbing lower ranked by consensus average of the rankings players and thirdly bucked the trend by "going small"..That is 3 bucking sof the hot trends and so either he either is a genius or a fool.

Besides...his fetish for small PMDs ...especially American smallish PMD types is foolish when you look at both his record on drafted American d-men of all sizes playing significant time for us and then compounding the problem by going so small pn them this time (American d-men)...Because I do not think any American D-man of any size that Stan has drafted has ever won a spot with the Blackhawks ..he either traded some or they never we good enough to stick in 5he show with us.
TVR was not drafted but a free agent...Leddy was acquired in trade. CLENDENING never stuck and got traded..Jonna and Paliotta traded...
SO I do not think Stan has drafted any American D-man who has developed to win a job with us...so N9T a good omen when he keeps drafting American d-men and especially smaller ones ..Fat chance we ever see them playing for us.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Kayumov is a decent pick here. I had him on a shortlist of boom-or-bust prospects that I couldn't quite find a place to rank in my mock. Quick and agile, and had great production this year, albeit largely beside 1st round talent Rubtsov. The small frame will hurt, and he will probably have to add another dimension to his game to become a middle six player.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Kayumov is a decent pick here. I had him on a shortlist of boom-or-bust prospects that I couldn't quite find a place to rank in my mock. Quick and agile, and had great production this year, albeit largely beside 1st round talent Rubtsov. The small frame will hurt, and he will probably have to add another dimension to his game to become a middle six player.

Familiar theme of Stan choosing diminutive tweeners and hoping they can play NHL big.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
After going scoreless in the opening two MHL games, he tallied his first points of the season in yesterday's 5-2 win - A goal and an assist.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Powers says after this season. So, next year.

Not saying this will happen, but young Russian’s who play in good team in KHL and have regular ice-time seems to develop quite nicely in one year. I think Kayumov is some what underrated prospect here. Probably could be middle-6 scoring winger.

Reactions: Krivo25

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Why is he talked about ad a LW?He is a Centre. ..played at Centre in the World Juniors ...played a 200 ft game and surprised me with his offense ...liked his game very much from what I saw...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Why is he talked about ad a LW?He is a Centre. ..played at Centre in the World Juniors ...played a 200 ft game and surprised me with his offense ...liked his game very much from what I saw...
Pretty sure he plays wing in the KHL. Going off his stats, he only took 2 face offs so I doubt he played center.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Pretty sure he plays wing in the KHL. Going off his stats, he only took 2 face offs so I doubt he played center.

Yep he is winger and Kayumov played for example in first elimination game in U20 WJC as winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad